{53}

Akrasia

(n.) lack of self-control

"My mother, Luna Seshi Santora, was the last Luna the Dark Moon Pack had the honor of beholding. Tonight during this full moon, we will be granted yet another wonderful Luna. Aspen Havoc, the strong and brave Aurelia, our Luna is incredibly compassionate, loving, she is absolutely stunning. We are lucky to be gifted with such a strong part of the pack and tonight we will honor Luna Seshi, we will honor the Moon Goddess and we will honor our very own Luna Aspen." Arrax spoke into the crowd, his voice so powerful it exuded power and I loved seeing him like that. 

"Tonight we will share blood, we will welcome her, we will cherish her, we will love and respect. Because we are The Dark Moon Pack and we have been blessed with the wonderful and beautiful creature that is Aspen Havoc." He finished off, my emotions all over the place as my eyes welled up with tears. 

A tear slipped down my cheek as Arrax came near me, he kissed me lightly on the forehead, before he took a knife. Offering him my hand I looked into his eyes, as he gazed back in mine with as much intensity, he sliced down the palm of my hand. 

The pain wasn't as bad as expected, it was something he had to do and I knew he couldn't show weakness like that in front of his pack. 

Everyone stopped talking, their focus solely on us as the winds in the air howled through the trees. Arrax guided my hand into a well, it had the blood of all the Alphas and Lunas throughout time in this pack, it would officially make me a part of the pack. 

As soon as my wound mixed with the bloodied water, a surge of energy rushed through my body, goosebumps kissing my sensitive skin. Hearing everything, the tree that creaked in the distance, a bird landing on a branch, everything was heightened

The pack was keeping their thoughts to themselves, giving me time to adjust. It was crazy how connected I felt, my heart filled and pulled in different directions, allowing the loneliness to seep out of my pores and whisk away with the wind.

"Asp?" Lilly's voice entered my mind, quickly looking at her she was smiling at me. 

"What is going on?" I linked her back, trying to make sense of the sensations piercing my body. 

"Everyone's slowly connecting with you, it should be done by now."

She didn't even get to finish her sentence as oxygen filled my lungs again, my eyes finding my mate's where we both smiled at each other. He looked so proud and it really made me feel complete.

Arrax turned towards the pack "Dark Moon Pack! I introduce to you, Luna Aspen Havoc!" He boomed, howls erupted from everyone, lighting up the sky by the intensity and my emotions were once again getting the better of me. 

"What is it we say again?" His voice yelled. 

"May the Moon Goddess always protect and love your soul, Luna Aspen!" They unified as their howls took over again. I smiled down at all of them, finding the familiar faces in the crowd and showing them how appreciative I truly felt. 

Arrax grabbed my hand pulling me away from the crowd to the party I knew we would have, the smiles were etched onto our faces and I hadn't felt this happy in years, if ever. This was my reward for all the shit I'd gone through, he was the good thing I was allowed to have and was gifted with by the Moon Goddess. 

Every werewolf followed us to a beautiful scenery filled with snacks and drinks, Arrax offered me a glass of wine before getting one for himself, he turned towards me, the love shining through his eyes. 

"Cheers, my love." He declared and held his glass in the air.

Clinking our glasses I smiled at him, "Cheers, my soul."

Lilly and Grant came up from behind us, "Congratulations, Luna." She teased.

"Oh don't, but thank you, Lils." I laughed at her. 

Grant nodded at me, smiling, "Congratulations, Aspen. How's the hand?"

Showing him my healed palm I shrugged my shoulders, "Great actually, but Arrax mentioned a quick healing process by the mix in the water."

Arrax agreed, "Wouldn't want the Luna to be in pain during her party." 

The first couple of werewolves from the pack approached us and congratulated me with the new title. We were done hours later, where I barely knew my own eye color by how many different eyes I'd thanked today. My head was dizzy and we were the last people here, luckily. Lilly left an hour ago and Grant just declared his exit before he left us alone.

Arrax stepped in front of me and cupped my cheeks, a shiver ran down my spine as I smiled at him, "Now I'd like to congratulate my Luna the way only I can." He smirked at me, the innuendo in his words leaving me breathless. 

"Why aren't you then?" I teased, trying to ignore the lustful knot in my stomach.

He suddenly lifted me from the ground, a squeal of surprise and happiness leaving my lips. Carrying me bridal style as he walked towards the pack house, "You don't get to say it twice, baby."