12. Manupilation pt. 1

Hopper woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast. He threw on the henley shirt that he had in his bag and the scrub bottoms from last night. As he went into the kitchen, he saw Joyce and El eating at the table.

"Morning", he said as he kissed El on the forehead and Joyce on the lips. "Where's Jamie?", he asked as he only noticed two plates on the table.

"Still in bed. Said she wasn't feeling well. I checked on her about 45 minutes ago, but she hasn't gotten up since", Joyce replied as she took a sip of coffee.

Hopper made his way to the guest room and sat on the bed besides Jamie. He watched her as she was curled into a ball with a pillow between her legs. He placed the back of his hand on her forehead and took a look at her face.

"Hey, kid. What's the matter?"

Jamie looked at him barely opening her eyes and whispered. "Hurts."

"Where?", he asked as he gently brushed her hair back with his fingers.

Jamie sat there for a second. Everytime she spoke, she felt woozy. She took a few deep breaths before speaking.

"Down there", she mumbled as pointed at the pillow between her legs.

Hopper had a puzzled look on his face. He saw a bowl of chicken noodle soup on the night stand and saw that it was still steaming. He grabbed the bowl and stirred it a few times.

"You wanna try to eat something?", he asked uncomfortably.

Jamie wrapped her arms around her stomach. The thought of eating and the smell of the soup alone made her want to vomit, but she was hungry. Hopper noticed Jamie wincing and moving slowly as she shifted to a more comfortable position to take the soup.

"Hey, C'mon. Sit up", he said as he pulled the covers back.

Jamie laid there motionless as he moved the covers. Hopper stared at her for a few seconds until he noticed a few scratches on her legs.

"Where'd these come from? Do they hurt?", Hopper said as he softly touched Jamie's leg.

"Mhm", Jamie said absentmindedly as she started falling back asleep.

"Uh uh. Sit up Jamie, NOW."

Jamie whined as she sloppily sat up and exposed the multiple scratches on her legs. As she opened her eyes fully, she looked confused as she saw the markings on her legs. Hopper checked the sheets and noticed that there were a few blood spots on them as well as the pillow that laid between her legs.

"Are you hurting yourself again, Jamie? Do not lie to me", Hopper asked sternly.

"Dad, no. I swear. I dont even know where these .... came from", Jamie said with whisper after a sudden realization.

Hopper noticed the look on Jamie's face and watched her as she went over to the mirror that sat on the dresser. Jamie lifted her shirt and revealed more scratches across her back. Hopper stood and took a closer look, running his fingers a few centimeters away from the scratches.

"It's real", Jamie said in a whisper with a frightful tone to her voice.

"What's real?", Hopper said with a raised eyebrow.

"The void", Jamie mumbled under her breath.

She knew that El told her after their last visit there that she shouldn't try to use her powers to go back. After the mind flayer saw Jamie and El together, Jamie has been having nightmares of the mind flayer trying to find her. Only this time, it finally did and that very thought made her sick to her stomach.