16. Taken

Jamie sat there on the porch with her mouth slightly agape.

"I swear that's no-", Jamie started before her father started yelling.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS, JAMIE?", he yelled as he picked the colored condom packs off of the ground. "ARE YOU OUT HERE HAVING SEX?!", he continued to scream at the top of his lungs.

Jamie sat there speechless as she stared at the items in her father's hand. "I didn't put those in th-", Jamie stumbled in her speech before being interrupted by watching her father unbuckle his belt and stripping it from his pants in one pull.

"Then you wanna tell me how the FUCK they got in there?!"

Jamie sat there and quickly thought back to earlier when Joyce gave her the purse. "She said she wanted me to be safe", Jamie mumbled as she kept thinking out loud.

"What?", Hopper said annoyed as he made a face.

"I think Joyce put them in there...", she said louder.

"Joyce"

"Yeah", Jamie said as she shrugged.

"Well let's go ask her", Hopper said smartly as he grabbed Jamie's belongings and followed behind her in to the house.

"JOOOYCE", Hopper said as he threw everything in his hands onto the couch and headed towards the back. He forcefully threw their bedroom door open to find El and Joyce in bed watching soaps.

"Jeez", Joyce replied as she jumped a little.

"Sit", he said as he lightly pushed Jamie towards the bed.

"Out", he continued as he made eye contact with El who quickly scurried out of the room as she briefly made eye contact with her older sister.

Hopper held the doorknob and leaned into the door closing it with his weight and looked at Joyce as he huffed.

"You wanna tell your step mom the shit you just told me", Hopper said more of a command rather than a question.

Joyce looked at Hopper who had his belt wrapped around his hand, and then at Jamie who sat with her shoulders slumped.

"When we were coming inside I tripped and dropped my bag and condoms fell out but I said that maybe you put them in there because I don't know how else they would've gotten there. Me and Steve didn't even do anything..."

Joyce put her head in her hands and laughed causing a nasty look from Hopper.

"Um, Joyce you wanna tell me what's so funny?", Hopper asked with no amusement in his voice as he folded his lips inward.

"Oh, Hop you're such a dad!", she said as she gently rubbed Jamie's shoulder. "I did put those in there. Not saying that she was going to use them, but whatever she decides to do, at least she'll be smart and use protection or at the very least have them."

"She's only 16 Joyce for God's sake! Did your mom even have the talk with you?", he said as he looked at Jamie hoping she still had an ounce of sexual innocence.

"No, but me and Joyce talked about sex and babies and other women stuff."

"Yes", Joyce jumped in. "And I gave her condoms to be safe. Three to be exact".

Hopper sighed slightly in relief as he remembered the two condoms on the couch and the one in his pocket. He went over to Jamie, apologized, and kissed her forehead.

"Sorry, kid. It's just that I haven't been around like I should've been when you were growing up so I didn't have the chance to scare off all the little boys."