44. Rendevous pt. 2

*lets pretend that mama Joyce is farther along in her pregnancy mkay? Maybe like 7-8 months rather than the 3-4*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve rolled over on the couch with a mild headache. He laid there hating life and stared at the door as whoever showed up unannounced continued to bang on it.

"Ughhh! Go away!", he groaned as he smothered his face with the couch pillow.

The banging stopped, and Steve looked over.

"Hmph", he though to himself, grateful for the restored peace and quiet.

He closed his eyes again before he heard the sound of the door unlocking from the inside. He quickly sat up and grabbed the tv remote for protection when the door opened and El stepped in.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Have you seen Johnathan and Will? Mom, dad, and Jamie have been gone for a while and no one is answering. I'm starting to get worried. Maybe they're missing."

"What do you mean missing? When did you see them last?"

El turned her nose up at the stench coming from inside the house. She looked around and noticed empty pizza boxes, soda cans, and trash scattered throughout the house.

"Um, this morning but they should've been back by now. Dad said he was going to the station, and mom... I don't know where she went."

Steve looked at his watch and pulled at his hair.

"Shit, it's 3?! Fuck, I'm gonna be late", he gasped as he jumped up and started looking for his sailor uniform.

"Steve, you're worried about the wrong thing! They could be in danger", El said impatiently.

"Why did you even come to me? I'm pretty sure Jamie couldn't give two shits about me since she nearly tried to kill me", he said sarcastically as he found his shirt under the couch pillows.

"Because you're the only person I could go to, stupid! Maybe if you weren't being such a jackass to her—"

"Me?! A Jackass?!", he replied as he stopped in his tracks.

"You're the reason we're in this situation! You couldn't keep your big mouth shut!"

Steve looked offended and immediately responded in defense.

"I risked my fucking life for your sister and she thanks me by throwing me into a wall?!"

"You call being a snitch risking your life?!"

"A SNITCH?! Is that what she told you?! She didn't even hear me out! I literally took the blame for everything so that no one would fucking come after your family! How was I supposed to know that he would still try to kill Hopper", Steve shouted.

"You took the blame? For what?"

"FOR EVERYTHING! I SAID IT WAS ME WHO SHOT THOSE PEOPLE AND IT WAS ME WHO DID A SHITTY JOB AT SHOOTING DAVID", Steve shouted louder as he kicked the coffee table causing El to jump.

"AND WHY DID I DO THAT? NOT BECAUSE IM A TRAITOR LIKE SHE THINKS BUT BECAUSE I ACTUALLY FUCKING LOVE HER AND I KNOW THAT I'M STUPID AND I DONT DESERVE HER BUT.... FUCK!", He screamed as he punched the wall and pulled his hair. "I love her."

El sat there speechless and checked the wall to see if it was okay. She watched Steve pace the floor as his heaving breaths slowly subsided. He stood in place with a hand on his hip and wiped his nose with his finger. He took a look at his hand and brushed the tiny specks of blood on his shirt.