.Home Coming.

Harmonie

Downtown Atlanta

4:00 PM

Deciding to go back home was a thought I fought with for the past year. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss my friends and family. I made up my mind to take a road trip back home and just have my furniture shipped to my new condo.

It was exciting being back home, the last time I was in Atlanta was for Christmas two years ago. Yes, I know 'Why haven't I been home in so long?' Well, quite frankly I'm just really busy, and before I knew it two years went by.

After I graduated with my fashion degrees I didn't find the need to come back to Atlanta but something was calling me...

"Handle me? Who gon' handle me? Thinkin' he's a player, he's a member on the team!" Finally seeing the sign 'Welcome to Atlanta'.I entered downtown Atlanta and I knew the area like the back of my hand.

I haven't told my friends I was coming home today. They knew I was coming but didn't know when. I made a sharp left swerving into a beauty salon's parking lot. Hearing a bell while I walked in caused everyone to look in my direction.

"Is that Miss Harmonie Tempa?!" She screamed basically jumping into my arms. We hugged rocking each other back and forth. Taking in the new woman that was in from of me was truly breathtaking. The last time seeing her was about three years ago.

liy and I have been best friends since middle school but we fell off a little once I moved to New York. We have that friendship where we can not talk for a bit but once we link back up it's like nothing ever happened.

"Where's my lil man?" I asked scanning the shop.

"Oh, he's just with his father!" She waved off.

"Ohh how is Terrence?"

"Still a pain in my ass but getting better at this parenting thing." She nodded while I sat in an empty salon chair across from her while she continued doing her client's hair.

"I can't wait to see my lil baby he's probably all grown up now!"

"Girl you have no idea the other day I tried to help him get dressed, he gonna tell me 'ayo mommy I goth it' I never felt so betrayed in my life!!"

We laughed as she dramatically clenched her chest and showed me pictures of my god baby.

"Oh gosh, I can't wait to meet his little precious self!" I squealed. Aiden is four years old and I only saw him when he was born.

"Mmhm enough about my baby let's talk about when you gonna have one of your own." She questioned.