- I Should've Listened - Zion Kuwonu -

————

————

I parked my Range Rover in the
PrettyMuch driveway. I leaned my head on my forearms that were placed on the steering wheel. Tears flowed down my cheeks as I thought about everything again.

I slowly opened my driver's door then got out of my car. I fast walked over to the back door of the house, I didn't want anyone to see me like this. Only Zion. It wouldn't be the first time.

I opened my phone and called Zion's
number. It rang three times before
Zion's voice answered.

"Can I call you back? I'm in the middle of a Fortnite game and I'm about to win."

"Z, I'm um. I'm in your backyard," I said in a shaky voice, "Can you come here please?"

"Yea," I heard Zion's controller drop to the floor, "I'm coming." He hung up the phone. Seconds later he was at the glass door. He looked through and saw the tears in my eyes, his face went soft.

" Y/N, what happened?" He walked out the door then closed it again. His hands gently grasped my wrist and he ran his thumbs over my skin, making my skin crawl.

"Char-Charles cheated on me," I broke down again, "I should've listened to you." I took my wrist out of his grasp, wrapped my arms around his neck, and nestled my head in his chest. He hugged me around my waist.

"You said once a cheater, always a cheater. I should've listened," I sobbed into his chest. "I deserve this, I stole him from Sylvia and this is what I get."

"You don't deserve this. At all. You're a good person, who cares about people so much that you don't see when people are trying to use you." Zion squeezed me tighter.

"He really just wanted me for the clout. I almost lost my whole career for him and everything," I looked up at Zion's face. "He really used me when he said he wouldn't."

"Stop crying," Zion unwrapped his arms from around me and used his thumbs to wipe the tears off of my cheeks. "You too good to be crying over that dude. You're a whole dime. You got fucking celebrities fighting over you. So stop fucking with these wack dudes."

"Are we almost forty yet? So I can just marry you already?" I hugged him once again.

"I'm counting down the days," Zion rested his chin on the top of my head.

————
word count : 412