- It Can't Be - Lil Skies -

————

————

"So, how come I ain't seen you in five days? You ain't on tour, you're not at the studio, you ain't doing nothing business. Kime, we live in the same damn house. And I haven't seen you in almost a week," Y/N asked Skies as she sat down on their king sized bed in the bedroom they shared.

"I've been busy," Skies shrugged as he scrolled through Instagram on his iPhone.

"Nah. Dude. We ain't doing this. Put your phone down, and we're for real about to talk about this. Because I ain't throwing three years away over this."

Skies huffed air out of his nose, threw his phone on the bed and laid down next to
Y/N, "Fine. Let's talk."

"What have you been doing? I don't get calls, texts, FaceTimes from you. Nothing."

"I've been busy. I don't got time for anyone really," Skies looked up at her eyes. He could see the frustration and anger in them.

"You ain't got time for me, but you got time for those bitches on your stories though right?"
Y/N crossed her arms and glared at her boyfriend.

"Y/N, we've been over this," Kimetrius ran his hand over his face, "The bitches are apart of the brand, it's apart of being a rapper. They don't mean nothing to me."

"Kime," Y/N turned her body towards him, "If I just left for a week at a time without saying nothing to you, but I was posting mad dudes on Instagram. What would you think?"

"I would think you're fucking with those dudes or something. But that ain't even the point, 'cause I ain't doing nothing with the girls."

"But you're giving me nothing other to believe. You making me think that you're cheating on me. When you're out at the club all night and I'm at home waiting in bed for you, that shit tears me up. And when you never show up at home, it makes me think that you're laid up in some other girls bed," Y/N tried to reason with the rapper. He just laid there in silence, and didn't say anything to her.

"Kime, tell me right now. Have you been sleeping with other girls?" Y/N's eyes started to water. She couldn't even think about Skies being with someone else. The thought made her heart ache.

"No dude!" Skies raised his voice, "I ain't sleeping with no one but you. On my moms."

"Then where have you been?"

Once again they both sat in silence. Y/N had a feeling they were both thinking the same thing. That maybe they weren't compatible with each other anymore.

"Are we falling off? You loosing feelings?" Y/N twiddled with her thumbs. She hated talking about things like this, the emotional pain was too much.

"I don't know," Skies shrugged. Y/N knew that was her answer, he just didn't want to say it.
Y/N thought to herself, that maybe they should have a break. Take some time apart.

"Maybe we should take a break," Y/N's voice cracked, "I can pack my stuff. And, uh, get out of your house."

Skies used hid forearm to cover his eyes. After a while his chest started moving faster, and his he started breathing more rapidly. "What's wrong?" Y/N asked as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"I don't want it to be like this," Skies shook his head with arm still on his eyes, "We shouldn't have to do this."

"It's fine," Y/N took a shaky breath, "The break will let us both think. This isn't goodbye."

"It can't be goodbye man," Skies took his arm off of his eyes. His eyes were red and puffy and his eyelashes were wet with tears.

Skies sat up and looked at Y/N with loving eyes. "I need you. I can't be doing all this without you." He shook his head.

"I know I've been messing up bad. But let me fix it, please," He pleaded with Y/N, "Please?"

Y/N looked down at her lap, wiped her nose with her arm and slowly nodded. "I think we still need that break though."

"Okay. I get it," Skies agreed with her. He reached over and grabbed Y/N's pedicured hands, "But, please don't leave tonight."

Y/N told him that she would stay with him tonight. They both held each other close and laid down in their soft bed. Both of their minds thought about their future, if they would make it through the break, or if they would last forever.

But at this moment. None of that matter, as long as they had each other in this moment, nothing else mattered.

————
word count : 788