- Mistake - YBN Cordae -

————

————

Cordae opened the door to his baby mother's house. After a long day of interviews and promotion he was excited to see his little girl, and even his baby's mother Y/N.

Cordae turned the corner to walk into the living room to see Y/N sitting on the couch with an angry expression on her face. "Hello." He tried to greet her.

Cordae looked around the room and saw no sign of the baby. "Where's Malani?"

"I put her to sleep." Y/N said in a flat tone. Cordae's eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "It's too early for that."

"I watched your interview today." Y/N looked at the man for the first time. Anger and sadness gleamed in her eyes.

"Which one?"

"The one where you said that Malani and I were a mistake." Y/N stood up from the white couch. "Is that all we are to you. A mistake?"

"What?" Cordae scoffed. "Hell no."

"Then why did you say that?" Y/N threw her hands in the air. When she first heard the interview she cried, she never thought Cordae felt that way.

"I didn't say that. They mixed up my words! I was saying the pregnancy was a mistake and that it wasn't planned."

"Sure." Y/N nodded her head not believing a word he was saying. She knew what she heard, and it was the opposite of what he was saying now.

"I wouldn't say that. I wake up every morning and grind my ass off for Malani. I make sure she lives a good life, not like the way we grew up. She's the light of my life."

"Not even just her. You inspire me so fucking much, it's scary. I think about you all the time, you're never off of my mind. I want you to be proud of me. I want you to think I'm a good father."

"I want you to love me." Cordae mumbled. He never spilled out his feelings to her before, but he couldn't hold them in any longer.

"Cordae," Y/N shook her head. "I am proud of you for everything you've done, and you're the best father I've ever known. You're working everyday but you're always here at the end of the day."

"And I do love you." Tears started to brew in Y/N's eyes. "I love you so much. I couldn't be doing all this without you."

Cordae walked up to the woman and wrapped his arms around her. He snuggled his head into the crook of her neck. The two stood there without any words, they didn't need any. They knew how each other felt.

The sound of a child crying filled the halls of Y/N's home. "Malani's up." Y/N said.

"I'll go get her." Cordae gently kissed Y/N's neck before running off to go get his child.

Y/N touched the place where Cordae had kissed her and smiled.

————
word count : 493