- Need You -

Story Clip
————

 ————Story Clip

————
Story Clip

I watched from the bleachers as Brayton kneeled down and slammed his fist into the green turf. His teammates stood around with confused looks on their faces, looking toward their coach for guidance.

"What is he doing?" Nori stood up from beside me. She stood on her tippy toes so she could see over the people standing in front of us.

Brayton and I had just broken up four days ago. There was a rumor going around that he was sleeping around with other girls on campus. I didn't want to deal with the drama, and honestly I didn't want to find out the rumors were true. The heartbreak was less without knowing the truth.

Brayton stood up and ran towards his teams side line. He knocked over a couple of water coolers and raced off towards the locker rooms. The sound of people yelling boomed through the field.

"There are scouts everywhere looking at him tonight. He's ruining his chances at getting anything." Jace said from besides me. I needed to talk to him, to calm him down.

I stood up and ran down the bleacher stairs. I stood at the railing that separated the bleachers from the side lines. I looked over and saw a security guard standing in the way of the locker room entrance. There would be no way the broad shouldered man would let me in.

"Coach!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. The sound of angry fans boomed behind me. Coach looked over his shoulder and saw me leaning over the railing. He rolled his eyes and jogged over to me.

"Let me in the locker room. I need to talk to him." I told Coach as soon as he was close enough to hear me.

He shook his head. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"They're six representatives for the NFL here tonight. If he doesn't get back on this field his career is over." I gave the older man pleading eyes.

The coach let out a deep breathe. He waved his hands to get the attention of the security guard. The large man turned his gaze over to us as coach pointed to me, signaling that I could go in.

"Thank you." I said quickly to the Coach before I ran to the locker room door. The large man moved aside as I busted in through the door.

The sound of lockers getting punched rang through my ears, a loud scream made me cringe. I slowly approached the sounds in front of me. I walked past the last set of blue lockers as I saw Brayton sitting on the wooden bench with his head in his hands.

Crimson blood ran down his wrist and forearms from his busted knuckles. The blue lockers in front of him had large dents imprinted on them.

I walked over and slowly wrapped my hand around his wrist. His blood now on my fingers. I lightly pulled on his wrist to reveal his face. His eyes were bloodshot, and his cheeks wet with tears.

"What's going on?" I said with a small voice. I didn't want to overwhelm him in anyway. He looked at me with sad, broken eyes.

He tried to speak but only a low voice crack came through. Brayton shook his head as more tears ran down his face. "It's okay." I told him, "What's happening."

"Why did you leave me?" Brayton finally got out. I shook my head, he shouldn't be worry about this right now. "I didn't sleep with anyone. I put that on everything I love."

A few moments of silence passed by before he mumbled. "I need you. Please."

"Brayton, I promise I will talk to you after the game about everything. But right now you have six representatives waiting to see you play. Your future is out there." I pointed to the locker room door.

"I can't play tonight. I can barley focus on anything, I don't remember any of the plays. I won't be able to catch a ball." He looked down at his cracked and bloody knuckles.

"Yes you can. I know you, you can do anything if you really put your mind to it." There was no response from Brayton. "If you love me, you will walk out on that field right now and win the game. Show those scouts that you can play a good game no matter what."

Brayton slowly nodded his head and stood up, he towered over me in height. I grabbed his hand and we intertwined our fingers.

————
word count : 763

Comment " yes " if this should be a imagine series.
I need five comments to do it.