Chapter 3

🌹Cassandra's POV🌹

After getting home last night, I rushed into bed ignoring my sister's questions and her continuous nagging for me to eat.

I woke up an hour later with a gambling stomach then had a meltdown on the kitchen floor with a bracket of ice-cream and my sister trying to calm me down.

The morning I woke up with a huge headache as if I had been consuming alcohol the previous night.

I had a lot to figure out with my life and that of my child.

I was sitting on the couch with a mouth full of cookies watching the daily show. The table was full of newspapers opened on the job openings section with a few already ticked and crossed.

I heard a loud knock on the door bringing me yet again out of my thoughts.

I got up from the couch with my bathrobe reaching my toes.

I assumed it was Ms. Mathews, a sixty-three-year-old lady who lived in the apartment below ours. She often came to visit and check up on me. She was also a gossip. She would always make remarks like: "When are you moving out, you can't raise a child in this apartment. It's too dangerous. He could fall off the balcony." Of course, some of those were helpful but most of the time she just made me feel worse about my life.

I opened the door still chewing a mouth full of cookies.

"Morning," Xavier said with a smirk on his face.

I continued to stare at him dumb founded.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still staring at his face while chewing.

"Aren't you going to let me in." He spoke.

"Sure," I said.

I opened the door wider then slammed it into his face.

"Aw!" He yelled.

I walked back with a victory look on my face.

I sat down on the couch. I took the remote then scanned through the channels for a program to watch.

"I won't leave until you open the door." He yelled.

I turned the TV on to the radio channel then turn the volume on full blast.

_____

"Can you explain why Xavier is at our door," Lynne questioned.

'So the ass hole followed up to his words.' I said to myself mentally.

He's insulted me so many times and this time I've had enough. I refuse for anyone to make a mockery of me again.

"He's at the wrong door," I said with a mouth full of popcorn in my mouth.

She rolled her eyes then walked out of the room.

"Please come in." I heard Lynne say.

I immediately sat up straight with my attention on the door.

Lynne and Xavier walked in, Xavier walking behind her.

Xavier scanned the room frowning his face.

"What is he doing here?" I yelled.

"Please calm down Cass, just hear what he has to say." She said.

I glared at Xavier then exhaled defeatedly.

"Lynne can you give us a moment please," Xavier said.

Lynne nodded then walked out of the room.

"You have a beautiful house." He said sarcastically then placed a smirk on his face.

"What do you want Xavier," I said defeatedly.

"I'm here to take you for a paternity test." He said.

"What?"

"I can't risk the chance off someone walking into my office twenty years from now demanding half of my fortune."

"I already told you what you wanted to know. Please leave." I said.

"Look, you either going to do it my way or the hard way which is my way anyway." He said casually, with his hands in his pockets.

"How about neither, now get out," I said.

"Okay, I'll leave. A few police officer will be here in less than half an hour." He said.

He turned around ready to leave.

"What?" I said trying to get what he had just said.

"For my mother's diamond necklace you stole of cause." He said turning around.

"I never did such a thing!" I yelled.

"Tell that to the authorities. You other do it my way or the hard way. Unless you want to have your child in prison. You might never see him again. Either way, I'm still getting what I want."