Chapter 15

Xavier's POV

I leaned into my office chair taking another sip of my coffee.

I replayed last night's events as an image of Cassie popped up in my mind.

I should have listened to mom, she warned me about her. I was too blinded by love to listen.

Mom was right, she's nothing but  a gold digging whore.
Those weren't my children like Antonio said. She was just using them to get back at me.

I was interrupted from my train of thoughts by a loud knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

Rosaline walked in, wearing her usual mini-shirt with a few of her top buttons opened.

"Good morning sir," she said seductively walking towards me.

I turned my eyes away from her staring at my cup.

She exhausts me!

She placed a few things on my desk then pressed her hands on my desk leaning forward making her breast more visible.

"Here's the report you requested along with the newspaper." She said.

"You can go now," I said coldly.

I looked up to see her staring at me dumbfounded.

"I said get out!" I repeated.

She walked out swaying her hips trying to get my attention.

I pulled the newspaper from the pile of folders and papers on my desk.

I skipped through the newspaper heading straight to the business section. I scanned through it.

"Nothing interesting," I muttered to myself.

As I closed the newspaper something caught my attention.

Titled: Seventeen year old roofied at a party.

What took a grip on my attention was the picture of Antonio below the heading.

So I began reading.

Formal CEO of Kleen Enterprise Antonio Hernandez has been convicted of several crimes, one of which includes kidnapping and drugging a girl.

A seventeen year old girl was recently reported missing, her friend filed a missing report claiming she was drugged by the twenty-seven year old entrepreneur. She was drugged at a party and later disappeared that same evening.

The girl has been found and has filed a case against Hernandez.
Her claim was approved with blood tests and a CTV footage of the incident.

Rohypnol a frequently used date drug was found in her blood samples. She does not recall anything that happened that night or after. There was no evidence of sexual assault or any physical abuse.

Mr Hernandez has not been seen or heard from ever since.

More victims claiming Hernandez drugged them have came forward after the recent report.

The police department is undergoing an investigation and argues anyone who knows of his whereabouts to speak forward.....

I stopped reading, my head spinning as I read each word.