Chapter 26

Cassandra's POV

"He is in ICU. He's in a critical condition. They don't know if he's going to make it." Daniel said

Tears run down my cheeks.

A moment when everything was finally perfect was too good to be true. I always thought that the day I give birth, everything would be perfect (except for the labor pains of course). I felt like my world had come to a halt. I know how it feels like not to have a father and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially not my children.

"I need to see him," I wiped.

"I'm sorry you can't, they not accepting any visitors right now. Besides, you just gave birth." Daniel said.

Lynne stood from her seat and sat beside me, she rubbed my back slowly in a circular motion.

I tried to remain calm but I just couldn't get the feeling that something was wrong out of my chest.

As I attempted to stand, Daniel and Lynne, stopped to me.

"You can't get up now, you need to rest." Daniel insisted.

═════ °• ♔ •° ═════

A couple of minutes later, we were sitting in the waiting room, still no news about Xavier. After insisting and a nearly heated argument, they finally agreed to allow me to wait with everyone else.

Right now it was all I could think about.

Doctors and nurses were passing in and out of the room shaking their heads. I kept my hands together, praying and hoping that he would wake up.

Soon a doctor walked out of Xavier's room and towards us.

He was a small Indian man in his late 50s, he was plump with a mustache that reminded me of Jim Carrey.

"How is he doctor?" I asked frantically.

"Mr. Kingsley is in a critical condition, he lost a lot of blood. He needs more blood, we have already used up all of the hospital supply. We don't have any more of his blood type. We are trying to find a donor, someone with a B+ blood type, or we could lose him." The doctor said.

"I'm a B+, I could donate." Daniel offered, getting up quickly from his seat.

"Have you had any medication or any alcohol consumption in the last 24 hours?" the doctor asked

I knew the moment he turned away, avoiding eye contact that he had been drinking. A could smell the alcohol from a distance.

He turned away, running his hands through his hair causing his shirt to hike up revealing his abs.

"We need a donor right now!" The doctor said in a panic.

I wish I could help him, but there was nothing I could do. Even if I was his blood type, I had just lost a lot of blood giving birth.

Just as the doctor turned around walking away, Benjamin stood up volunteering. Until now, I hadn't noticed he was here.

"I'm an O+, I'm pretty sure I can donate to anyone," he said.

"Did you take any medication or alcohol in the last 24 hours?" The doctor asked again.

He shook his head no.

"Then come with me," The doctor said pulling him away.

I turned to look at him and muttered, "Thank you," as he walked away.

═════ °• ♔ •° ═════

After nearly an hour, Benjamin came back holding a juice box to his lips, after donating his blood.