Chapter 6

🌹Cassandra's POV🌹

"Layla, this is Cassie. Cassie this is Layla." Xavier said scratching his head.

"Hi," she said.

"Nice to meet you." I answered.

Layla was a perfect ten with long legs and shoulder length strawberry blonde hair. She had the kind of skin that was kissed my the sun, not to mention her perfectly straight teeth.

"Babe who is she?" She said pointing at me with a frown on her face.

"We need to talk." Xavier said scratching the back of his head.

I watched as the two of them walk out of the room, Xavier slamming the door.

They were standing outside my door which meant I could hear everything they were saying.

"I've mentioned Cassie before right?" Xavier said, I got hear the hesitation in his voice.

"No," She said.

"Cassandra,"

"Your ex-wife! You brought your ex-wife here, that whore." She yelled.

"Keep it down," Xavier whisper yelled. "She's pregnant."

"And she said it was your. That whore is just tricking you so she can get back with you."

"Let's be rational for a moment, what if it is mine?"

"Don't you see baby, she already got you under her nails. She's using you. You need to get her out of here."

"Layla, just try to understand for a moment."

"She has to get out of here!" She yelled.

"I can't just..."

"It's either me or her?"

"Can you please act like an adult, you over reacting."

"Fine," she said.

I heard loud foot steps. The next thing that happened was Layla walking in furiously, her face red and hands in a fist.

"You whore!" She yelled.

She walked over to my and slapped me in the face. Before she would do it again Xavier stopped her holding her back.

"That's enough!" Xavier yelled.

I was stilling on the bed, my hand on the cheek she just slapped me and my eyes whelmed up in tears.

"She's just going to use you again. That manipulative bitch." She yelled again.

Xavier escorted her out holding her back.

I could still hear them shouting right out side my door.

I cried untill I had no tears left to cry. I've never felt more insulted and Xavier didn't seem to care much.

I don't know when but I eventually fell asleep.

_________________

"Cass," I heard a soft mutter.

I peaked through the pillow over my head to see who is was.

It was my sister Lynne standing in front of my bed with her hand bag on my bed.

"I'm so glad you here," I said.

I removed the pillow over my head

"I'm so glad you here, what took you so long. We where supposed to move in the same day." I sobbed wipping my tears with her blouse.

"About that," she said hesitantly. "I've been offered a post in New York, I leave tomorrow." She said.

"Why do want to leave me," I sobbed.

"I'm not leaving you, I'll only be away for a couple of weeks. I'll be back before the baby is born."

"Please, I don't think I can take this anymore. I can't do this alone."

"You overreacting, you not alone." She said.

She sat next to me on the bed then placed her head on my shoulder.

"It can't be that bad," She said.

We continued to talk untill late hours, I don't know when we finally fell asleep.

Lynne left the house hesitantly early in the morning for work, she had to get to her apartment and pack. She made me promise not to cry again, I felt like a five-year-old being scolded to keep quiet.

In the kitchen I bumped into Xavier, I was on the kitchen floor with a bucket of ice-cream. I looked like I had just came out of a horror movie.

He was making his morning coffee.

I made sure to ignore him, I was certainly not in the mode for any of his sadistic comments.

"I'm sorry," he said before walking out of the room.