Chapter 21

Xavier's POV

I read the letter again processing the words. The more I read it, the more I doubted.

Cassie would never do this, she wouldn't just leave like this. I needed to find out what happened to her. I was going to get to the bottom of this. Two days had already passed and I hadn't had any sleep at all, I couldn't stop thinking about her.

Was she safe? Was she alright? No one knew.

We had already filed a missing report and the police were doing everything they could to find her.

I hired a private investigator whom I have a meeting with any moment from now.

If she really did leave me, I wanted her to face me and ask her why. After everything, I deserve an explanation.

The door bell rang interrupting me from my train of thoughts.

'Maybe it was the private investigator,'

I placed my fork on the counter walking to the door.

Opening the door, I saw a face I regretted.

Layla was standing in front of me wearing her usual tight skirt and a top that looked two sizes too small.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed.

I have a lot on my plate, talking to her was the last thing I wanted.

"I just came to see you, baby. I miss you." she said.

I exhaled frustrated.

"I told you it's over, how do you even know where I live." I said in a clinical tone.

"You are one of the richest men in town. It's easy to find you." she said sarcastically.

"Fine, goodbye." I said

I was about to shut the door in your face but she stopped it with her foot, she pushed her way through the small space entering the house.

"I just want to say something important," she said quickly.

I had asked her to leave politely and now she had the nerves to enter my house.

"I want you out!" I yelled.

"Give me one minute," she pleaded.

Layla was a very persistent person, arguing with her to leave was not going to make her leave any sooner.

"You have 15 seconds," I said looking at my watch.

She smirked at me victoriously, I'm mentally rolled my eyes at her.

"I heard what Cassie did to you," she said working towards me seductively. "She is such a whore, I told you low-class whores couldn't be trusted..." She said.

I looked at her with a serious expression, planning a murder scheme in my mind.
She had the nerve to even show up after everything let alone talk trash about Cassie like this.

"I want you back, we were so good together. I miss that, I know you miss that " she continued. "I have what it takes to show you a good time, just let me make it up to you." She placed her arms around my neck.

"I want you to get out," I said moving her hands away.

"What? You just going to throw away an opportunity like this, because of that low life." She yelled.

"What you are is an opportunist, it's over between us. Cassie is the only woman I've ever been in love with, can't you understand that!" I yelled

"Xavier James Kingsley, I promise you going to regret this." she threatened.