Chapter 24

Xavier's POV

"I'll only let her go in one condition," Antonio said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want 15 million dollars, no police involved. Trust me I'll find out. I'll send you the address to where you should drop the money, no surprises." He instructed. "With your net worth it shouldn't be that hard," Antonio said.

Before I could say anything else, he hung up the phone.

"You have to save her," Lynne sobbed.

My phone fell out of my hands falling onto the tiles. I picked it up, not a single scratch on it.

I shouldn't have fallen into his trap, once again, I fell for it.

I rushed out of the house, the door following behind me. I needed to get to the bank, whatever it takes I'm going to save her.

I rushed into my car and drove to the bank exceeding the speed limit.

I'm so mad at myself, how could I be such a fool. I should have known something was wrong, the way she spoke that day, she sounded a bit frightened. If I had bothered to investigate more maybe this wouldn't be happening today, this would all be over.

I parked my car in their allocated parking lot.

I made a phone call to the bank manager booking an appointment. I didn't have the time to wait in line plus I always preferred special attention.

His assistant was already waiting for me.

"We've been expecting you sir," his assistant said.

She was dressed in the usual dress code, a black pencil skirt with a white blouse.
The name Mara was written on her name tag.

"This way sir," she said.

She led the way as we sped walked to his office, although she looked like she was running, having a hard time catching up.

By the time we got to his office, she was breathless.

"Mr. Kingsley, welcome." the bank manager Mr. Reynolds said.

Welcoming me in, he gestured for me to take a seat.

"Thank you," I said.

"Mr Kingsley, I can't help but wonder why you requested for such a large amount of money in cash. Is anything wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing at all," I said trying to sound convincing.

After some paperwork he finally handed me the money in a briefcase.

"Do you need someone from our security team to accompany you?" Mr Reynolds offered.

"No thank you, I'll take it from here." I said

We exchanged handshakes as he gave me his final good-byes.

Walking out, I couldn't help but notice people turn in my direction.

I looked at my phone, no messages yet from Antonio.

I got into my car and drove back to the house. There was nothing I could do until Antonio gave me further instructions. I wouldn't want to risk Cassie's life by doing something stupid.

Walking into the house Lynne was still sitting on the couch frantically biting her nails, Ethan still pacing up and down.

"Did you get it?" Lynne asked.

I nodded.

I threw myself onto the couch taking deep breaths, trying to convince myself that everything was going to be alright.