Epilogue

CASSANDRA'S POV

**SIX MONTHS LATER**

It's been six months since everything happened. Lets just say, It hasn't been easy raising the twins. A lot has happened and things are finally starting to 'look up' for me.

I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands, hoping it would help me feel less sleepy. I had just came from a fifteen-minute nap.

I had put Isaac to sleep two hours ago, I needed to check up on him. Unlike his brother who was already awake, he slept the most.

I opened the door quietly and peeked through, Isaac was still soundly asleep, laying in his crib.

Xavier was in the sitting room holding Alex in his arms, trying to calm him down.

The past few weeks I've had little to no sleep, they just keep getting naughter. When one is asleep, the other refuses to sleep and ends up waking the other. It's difficult having twins sleep in different rooms that are further apart, they both need my attention at the same time so they sleep in the same room.

Xavier has to work during the week so I'm on my own. They refuse to be with anyone besides me or him, a nanny isn't much of an option. I've already had to send away six nannies because of that.

I closed the door behind me, making sure not to make a sound. I wasn't going to wake him up yet, I was too tired.

From the near distance I heard Alex yelling at top of his small lungs, he must have been hungry.

I went to the kitchen and got him his bottle. I only breastfed them in the first three months, it became too exhausting.

"He won't stop crying," Xavier whined as I walked into the room.

"He's probably hungry," I said

"No, I just gave him a banana." He answered.

"You should probably check his diaper," I said.

Xavier lifted him and took him to his room.

With Isaac still asleep and Xavier dealing with Alex, I can get more alone time.

Everything has been normal, at least how it should be.

Antonio was sentenced to sixty years in prison (thanks to Xavier's persistence and his connections with top shot lawyers) and Melissa thirty years. By the time they get out, they will either be dead or too old for consirasies.

Turns out Melissa paid the nurse along with a few guards to kidnap my children.

Everyone of them got what they deserved.

I heard Isaac cry through the baby monitor laying on the coffee table.

Lynne's baby girl Lora wasn't as noisy as these two. She was quiet and bubbly, unlike her mother. Lynne gave birth four months after I had mine.

Because of their baby, they decided it was the time to get married. Their wedding is in a few weeks.

I got up from my seat reluctant and went to Isaac's room.

I took Isaac from his crib. He immediately stopped crying and smiled at me in return.

"It was the diaper," Xavier said walking into the room holding Alex in his arms who was now quiet. "We should take them to the pool," He suggested.

The twins loved playing outside in the sun.

I nodded my head yes to his suggestion.

Xavier laid out a blanket and a picnic basket outside in the shade near the pool. The weather was great outside, the sun shining bright and the birds chirping in the Silver Maple tree.

I laid the twins on the blanket and gave them both each a toy.

I sat on the blanket. Xavier was laying next to Isaac with the twins laying in between us.

"I can't wait until they old enough to be in boarding school," Xavier said playing with Isaac's toes.

"Don't listen to him, mommy will make sure you never leave her sight." I said to the twins using my 'mommy voice'.

Everything that's happened in the past has made me very protective of my children.

Once I went for shopping and left the boys with Xavier, I kept video calling him every ten minutes even though they were asleep.

"Benjamin invited us to the grand opening of his restaurant next weekend," I said to Xavier.

Benjamin finally opened his own restaurant. He practically saved Xavier's life and the twins so Xavier decided to do something for him in return. Xavier helped him out financially to open his restaurant, although Benjamin promised to pay him back, Xavier isn't really expecting the money back. Only heaven knows what would have happened if he didn't show up with the police.

Benjamin and I are also back on good terms. When he isn't too busy, he comes over and helps me out with the twins.

"Yah sure, what are we going to do about the twins?" Xavier asked.

"Benjamin said we could bring them along, it's not a problem for him," I answered.

I've decided that as soon as the children are at least a year old, I'm finally going to get my degree in biochemistry.

I know it's going to be difficult studying with two kids, but I think I can do it.

Xavier has been very supportive of my decisions lately, he has been helping me out a lot.

Our children have made us closer. We've gotten to know and understand one another better and built a friendship for the sake of our children.