Chapter 9

🌹Cassandra's POV🌹

Today was Wednesday, usually Xavier didn't go to work on Wednesdays. He used his home office.

I walked to his office, making sure not to make a sound on the wooden floor. I thought about turning back a couple of times but this was something I needed to do.

I knocked on his door softly. I heard as he muttered "Come in,"

I walked inside his office slowly.

The room was dark, the only light was from his phone screen and laptop.

"It's dark in here," I said.

"I like it this way." He said, his voice suddenly deeper than usual.

I like the way his features where outlined in the dark.

I walked to his desk, nearly tripping on a few things along the way.

He stood up from his desk then opened his curtains the sun light beaming through the room.

I turned my head away blocking the sun with my hand, it was too bright.

He took a seat and so did I. He continued texting ignoring my presence. I cleared my throat a couple of times but it didn't seem to have any effect.
After ten minutes of being ignored, I grabbed his phone out of his hand.

"What was that for?" He said eyebrow raised.

"I've been trying to talk to you, are you finally going to pay attention to me?" I asked.

"What do you want?" He asked. I could tell he was pissed. The way he looked at me was so intimidating, his eyes never leaving my face.

I took a deep breath. I knew we had already started on the wrong foot, the chances of getting what I wanted were slim.

"I have another antenatal class today. I need a partner. There is no one else I can ask." I said.

"No," he answered.

"No?" I questioned.

"I refuse to attend that stuff." He said diverting his attention to his laptop.

"I'm asking you Xavier. I wouldn't have if I had another option!" I yelled.

"And I said no, why don't you ask your stupid driver to accompany you."

"You got me pregnant, not Benjamin. This is as much your responsibility as it is mine!" I yelled.

"How are you so sure of that? After all, you've been whoring around every chance you got."

I slapped him across the face.

I have had it with his insults. It's like he took every opportunity he got to insult me

"Stop being a sissy and meet me outside in ten minutes." I said before storming out.

Today I wasn't in the mood. I'd burn this house down if I have to.

_________________

As I suspected, Xavier was already waiting for me by the car.

Sometimes he just needs a little push.

He opened the car door for me to get in.

Throughout the drive neither one of us spoke.
He just kept glancing at me. I couldn't help but place a smile on my face knowing I've won.

"We here," he said stepping out of the car.

He must have taken a short cut because today the drive was shorter than the day before's.