Chapter 20

Cassandra's POV

**TWO WEEKS LATER**

I stood on the balcony looking at the view in front of me.

I had finally moved out. Xavier reluctantly agreed that it was the right thing to do.

I now have my own place with enough space for the babies. I'm only a month away from my due date.

Last week Elizabeth gave birth to a lovely baby boy, he is so bubbly, they named him Oliver.
Ellie still isn't used to the idea of having a sibling. She asked Elizabeth why they didn't take him up for adoption after she found out her best friend was adopted.

Last night Lynne and Ethan came over for dinner. It was time we put it behind us. Maybe Ethan had truly changed, that didn't mean I trusted him. Lynne's baby bum is more visible now. If she told me from the very first all this would have been avoided.
I can't help but feel betrayed. I can't look at him without feeling anger and resentment.

Although I have moved out, it still feels like I'm still living with Xavier. He comes to sleep over almost every night. He even hid his pajamas under the couch after I told him I didn't want to see any of his things in my house.

This new house gives me a view of the beach so I could look at it all the time.

I feel like my life is finally falling back into order. I haven't received any text messages after that day. I feel like I'm finally happy.

I heard the sound of the front door being unlocked. I looked at the clock to see that it was 1 p.m., the time Xavier usually came over during his lunch break from work.

I walked to the living room to take a seat. Xavier walked in holding a bunch of paper bags.

"Good afternoon," he said walking in.

"Good afternoon," I replied.
"What are all those paper bags for?" I asked.

"I brought lunch, I wasn't sure what you wanted so I brought a variety of foods." he answered.

"That can't all be food," I said.

"And some baby clothes," he said.

We already had a room full of baby clothes and toys, every time I told him not to buy more he kept buying more to prove that he can. We already had clothes for when they turn two.

I can't wait to meet my babies.

Xavier laid out the food on the table.

"We have some salad," he said listing the food he brought.

"You brought a sald for a pregnant woman," I said sarcastically.

"You can have some chops," he said.

I pushed the box away taking the sushi instead.

"Eat up, I have a surprise for you,” he said.

After eating Xavier cleared up the table.

“Please get dressed, I need to take you somewhere.” He said. 

I stood up from the couch going to the shower.

Coming from the shower Xavier had already made himself comfortable, eating popcorn, his shoes removed while watching a rugby match.

I threw a pillow at him diverting his attention.

“Let's go,” I said.

I was already dressed in a blush pink dress.

He frowned at me getting up from the couch, putting his shoes on.