Chapter 14

A/N: Sorry for the late update, the holidays have been extremely busy for me.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cassandra's POV

I knew Xavier had turned into a man whore but I thought he would at least have the decency to do that else where.

I rushed into my room opening the closet. I was leaving this hell-hole.

I took my suitcase throwing all my clothes onto the bed.

I heard a soft knock on the door. I turned to see who it was, my door was already opened.

"What?" I yelled in frustration at Benjamin who was looking at me confused.

"What did I do now?" He said stepping in.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really angry." I replied taking deep breaths.

I continued to unpack.

"What are you doing with those clothes?" he asked.

"I'm leaving this house," I said throwing my suitcase on the bed.

"What? Why? What did Xavier do this time?" He said sitting on the edge of my bed.

"For as long as I'm in this house I'm danmed. I can't keep risking the lives of my children, this environment isn't good for me." I said.

I threw my clothes into my suitcase without folding it.

"Tell you what, why don't we do something fun today. I'll help you pack when we get back, then you can leave." He suggested.

"No, I want to leave now." I insisted.

"Come on, just for today. My grandmother wants to meet you. Besides, it's my birthday." he said.

I continued packing ignoring him. He just sat there giving me puppy dog eyes trying to guilt trip me.

"Fine," I said throwing my dress into my suitcase defeatedly. "Happy birthday," I muttered.

He smiled at me victoriously.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"We always have dinner or lunch together on someone's birthday as a family, it's a family tradition. We having lunch at my house." He said.

"Why didn't you tell me at least a week before that today was your birthday?"I asked.

"You never asked," he answered.

"Just give me..." I said but was interrupted by the sound of my phone.

I looked at the caller ID to see that it was from Elizabeth.

"Hello," I answered cheerfully.

"Hi," the caller said. I realised it was Ellie on the phone.

"How are you sweetheart? Why are you on your Mom's phone?" I asked.

"Mom let me borrow it, I missed you." she said sweetly.

"I miss you too," I said.

"When are you and Uncle Xavvy coming to visit?" She asked

"Soon sweetheart," I said down heartedly. "So what were you doing?" I asked.

"I was watching Aladdin." She answered cheerfuly.

"So what was the lesson in the movie?" I asked.

"Guys can be gold diggers too," she answered.

I busted out laughing. What did she know about gold diggers? Where did she hear that?