Chapter 17

A/N: Sorry for the late update, I've been sick for a while and had to deal with a lot of personal stuff. Hope you like the chapter.
_____________________________

Cassandra's POV

It's been a week since I almost moved out.

Xavier has changed and has been caring and supportive towards me. He now works from home so he's at home all the time. He always comes to check up on me every thirty minutes and attends all my antenatal classes with me even though he isn't needed.

Although he has been very kind to me I can't forget everything he has done to me.

He has agreed to help me find my own place, at least until we figure things about (that's if it's possible).

We still sleep in different rooms. We have decided to reset the clock at start out as friends or at least as people who know each other.

I've given him another chance for the sake of my children, at least if some things are to go wrong I'd know that I gave their father a chance and didn't rob them of the chance of knowing their father. I grow-up with both my parents and I wouldn't want to rob them from their father's love.

We agreed that one wrong move from him, the one thing I'll be getting from him is child support.

Things have been awkward between Benjamin and I ever since. We no longer talk like we used to. We hardly see each other especially now that Xavier prefers to drive me around himself. When we do see each other things are awkward.

I wish things would go back to the way it was with Benjamin, I feel so alone and Lynne has been in New York for two months, she doesn't even answer my calls anymore.

Right now I was having breakfast with Elizabeth in a restaurant. It was amazing having her around and right now I just needed a friend.

I was lost in my thoughts while she continued to speak.

"He's leaving her, turns out it wasn't even his baby." Elizabeth said then took a sip of her orange juice.

Elizabeth was talking about Roxanne. Her husband Walt was leaving her. Turns out she was having an affair.

"That must suck for him," I said.

"It's gets better, their Gardner is the father." She said letting out a laugh.

I placed my hand in front of my mouth trying not to laugh.

Roxanne was a snob. She always made herself seem better than everyone else. I never thought she would stood that low.

"I have to go," Elizabeth said looking at her watch.

"All ready?" I said.

"Yes, I promised Ellie she would help decorate her baby brother's room today." She said.

She placed a hundred dollar note on the table before getting up. She hugged me before leaving.

I needed a drink before I go home.