Chapter 8

A/N: Feel free to point out any mistakes, I'd greatly appreciate it.

__________________

🌹Cassandra's POV🌹

"You know, when I was younger I had a dog named Benjamin." I said.

"Really, should I be flattered?" Benjamin said.

We were in the kitchen. Benjamin said he was a chef so I asked him to make me breakfast.

"He was so cute, we called him Bennie" I said.

"Bennie huh?" He said.

I shook my head at him.

He placed two plates in front of me on the kitchen counter. He started fishing out.
It was heart shaped waffles and on the side a bow full of strawberries and blueberries.

"I could have made this myself." I said.

"I make the best," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Corky now are we," I said.

After the day at the beach, Ben and I are now expentionally close. We are more comfortable with each other now. He's the only one that makes this big miserable house less suffocating.

He took a seat on the chair beside me.

I moaned at the taste of the waffles as it hit my tougue.

"Some one is hungry." He said.

"Shut up." I said glaring at him.

He took a waffle out of my plate.

"Hey!" I said slapping his hand. "That's mine." I said. "Eat your own."

"What's the fun in that?" He said.

We ate the rest of our breakfast full of laughter discussing random topics.

"So what happened to your parents," he suddenly asked. "You never talk about them."

I exhaled deeply.

"My parents died in a car accident. The bank took everything from us after they died. They said my parents borrowed a lot of money from them. After that my sister and I lived with our grandmother. She died two years ago." I said. "My sister is all I have left. Besides this baby." I said.

"How is your sister like?" He asked.

"She's the best. She works in real estate. She's very supportive, we can tell each other anything." I say. "I wanted to be a cardiologist but I had to drop out, grandma was sick. She needed someone to look after her plus we needed the money. Lynne was already working hard enough." "She died anyways." I paused. "Then I met Xavier." I said trilling off.