#2 - Cold black eyes

"I regret this already. This was such a terrible idea!" Jimin moans, as we cautiously walk into the unknown.

"Jimin pull yourself together, we'll be fine! Also keep your voice down, who knows who's out here."

He turns to look at me with an even more scared look. "Well thanks, that made me feel much better Hana!"

I ignore him and continue looking around. Despite what I said earlier, it doesn't seem like there's anyone here. I swear the girl said she saw her mother come in here. Unless she was...taken?

"See? There's no-one even here. Now let's go." Jimin turns around to walk back through he entrance but I grab his hand and pull him back.

"Not so fast. Come on we can't just leave, that girl is expecting us to bring back her mother! You would want to see your mother again right?"

"Yeah." He mumbles, looking down to thr ground.

Jimin's parents died in the big war that occured 16 years ago, he was only 8 at the time. He sometimes wishes that he could've saved them, but we both know that at his young age then nothing could've been done.

The same thing happened to Hoseok and Jiwoo; their parents killed in the same war. Hoseok had an older sister, she was a warrior angel too like Hoseok is. But she unfortunately didn't make it.

Then my father saw how they'd been left homeless and accepted them into our home, soon becoming mine and Jin's best friends.

"Plus you are the one who suggested to look for the mother anyway Jimin!"

"Well I can't exactly say to her 'your mother's probably dead now so what's the point of looking? Better luck next time kid.' I couldn't make her even more upset!"

I raise my hands to calm him down. "Okay okay, we'll look for 5 more minutes and then we'll go back."

We continue looking around walking further and further in. Our eyes scan every hut, every building, but there's no movement of any kind. Everything is abandoned. If anything this is pretty suspicious, since there's always a dark angel lingering around somewhere.

"Okay, let's go." We turn around and start to walk back to the entrance to Heaven, when an uncomfortable sound makes us stop in our tracks and immediately look at eachother.

"Did you hear that?" Jimin slowly turns back around.

I quickly give a single nod also turning around. We dare not to make a single noise trying to listen for the sound again, if the sound is what we think it is.

We hear it again, and it is what we think it is. Somewhere in the distance, you can hear the echo of a scream, a woman's scream.

"What the..." Jimin trails off, staring into the direction the scream is coming from. "Do you think it's the mother?"

"There's only one way to find out." I say. We glace at eachother, and start to walk in the direction the scream is coming from.

Honestly, I'm terrified. I've never been this scared. Okay I have been scared but this, this is a different kind of scared. I'm not scared for me, or Jimin. Because I know that we're going to be fine. I'm scared for that little girl. I'm scared that she's going to lose her mother the way I lost mine.

Killed. Slaughtered.

I don't want her to go through what I did whilst growing up, it was horrible. Having my father raise both Jin and I at such young ages was stressful for him without my mother.

But as my father grew older he had less time to take care of us. So soon it was Jin that took care of me when he was old enough to do so.

I don't want this to happen to the little girl, and I hope it doesn't.