#11 - Surprise

It's definitely him. He has his black mask resting on his chin and he looks around warily at his surroundings. His eyes are widened and alert. I tilt my head in confusion and my heart starts to pound.

How did he even get into Heaven without getting caught? And out of all, all places, he chose to hide in the Palace garden? I chuckle a little at that.

Jungkook scans the area again, turning his head before his eyes settle on me. He freezes and his doe eyes widen even more at the sight of someone spotting him. But then once he realises it's me his face eases.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper-shout.

He shrugs his shoulders as a response, and I furrow my eyebrows.

"You don't know. Are you serious?" I say in a dead tone.

Once again, he shrugs.

"Stop shrugging and speak!" I whisper shout again.

"The others were pissing me off over there, so I came here." He whispers up to me, emerging from behind the hedge whilst still in a crouched position.

"Why?"

"Where's Hana?" Jungkook ignores my question. I grit my teeth slightly.

All that can be heard is us having a whispering conversation in the night. Anyone listening would be extremely confused. It's a good thing that the others are asleep then.

"She's sleeping."

"Why are you in a palace? You don't look rich enough to set foot in one." A small smirk appears on Jungkook's face. He stands up straight and leans his back on the hedge, folding his arms and tilting his head smugly.

"Jungkook shut up. You have to leave, now." I roll my eyes in the darkness.

"And why is that?"

"Because you are a dark angel in Heaven! We'll both be in big trouble if you get caught."

"So? I don't really care if I get caught. I just wanted to see Hana. But she's sleeping." He pouts and his shoulders slump.

"Yeah well-"

I cut myself of from speaking when I hear voices coming from outside of the garden. It's the guards. The guards that watch over the palace grounds at night. To make sure that they don't see something strange or threatening.

They're going to see him.

Putting my finger on my lips, I indicate for Jungkook to keep quiet. He nods and crouches down again. He also quickly puts his mask on properly on his face. I look over and wait for the guards to carry on walking.

One of the guards spots me on the balcony, stopping in his tracks.

"Your highness, are you okay?"

Damn, he said your highness.

"Yeah yeah I'm okay, thank you. You can carry on walking now." I usher him and the other guards to keep walking with my hands. He shrugs his shoulders and bows, and continues to walk.

I look back at Jungkook and without speaking, I indicate to the big tree with my finger, the one that grows onto the side of the balcony. His eyebrows furrow and he points to the tree in a questioning manner.

As I nod in confirmation, Jungkook raises his eyebrow before shrugging his shoulders. He stands up fully and peers his head over to the direction of the guards. When he's sure the cost is clear he quickly runs towards the tree, climbing up it fast.

Wow. He can move.

He makes it look so easy. Whereas Jin can't even climb a little flight of stairs without complaining.