#13 - He has control

Taehyung's POV

I pace around my room, raking my hands through my hair. It's properly clicking to me now. About what happened earlier with Jungkook. About what he is. Who he is. I take deep breaths out, closing my eyes.

How could not tell us? Not tell me? I know I'm not as close to him as Yoongi hyung is, but he's still my best friend. We've always been there for eachother. He can tell me anything and I wouldn't tell a soul.

Considering he hasn't even told Yoongi, it's a pretty big deal.

Namjoon gazes out the window, with no emotion on his face. But I know he's thinking about it too.

It's going to change a lot of things now. Like the way we act around Jungkook. We're probably going to be careful around him now, try not to make him angry as much. And Jungkook might start to notice it.

"It's all making sense now." Namjoon says, with his eyes still glued to the window.

I stop pacing and look at him. "What do you mean?"

His eyes meet mine. "All those times when Jungkook got pissed about something so little and so worthless...not even Yoongi got pissed that much at them, and it's Yoongi we're talking about."

His face grimaces. "Remember that time when you were having sex with that girl about a year ago in her room?"

My eyebrow lifts and a smirk appears on my lips. "How could I forget?"

"And Yoongi was playing with them fireballs outside? And he accidently threw one through the window and set her room on fire? Not even she was pissed like Jungkook was. And it was her fucking room that was burning down!"

"Not to mention that he interrupted a very steamy atmosphere."

Namjoons nose scrunches up. "I did not need to know that but thank you."

He continues. "But Jungkook was so annoyed at Yoongi that day...he almost killed him. The signs were all there, staring right at us. And we ignored them. Why did we ignore them?"

"Because we didn't want to believe it, that's why. We just always assumed that he had anger issues. Which if he actually did, we would understand. But not this. This...this is something else." I say, rubbing my forehead.

Namjoon closes his eyes, frustration in his eyes before doing so.

I look at him anyway. "We can't just keep it in forever. One way or another, Yoongi is going to find out the truth just the same way as we did. In fact, if Jungkook had never turned around to look at us when he was yelling at Yoongi before he changed then Yoongi would probably know and we wouldn't. And then Nari would find out. Then soon everyone would find out. And they'll try to kill him Namjoon, I know they will."

His eyes shoot open when I mention the word 'kill'.

"Hyung we have to protect him. No matter what. Keep him safe from everyone else before it's too late. Before he accidently reveals himself to people. I don't know what I'll do if Jungkook dies." My voice trembles slightly.

As a defender dark angel, worrying about the people I love is a habit. It's a habit that all defender dark angels have here, we were born with it. It pisses warrior dark angels off a lot, but we can't help it. Namjoon can't help it. I can't help it. We were both born to protect our people, make sure no-one is hurt or in danger, that they are safe. But if this gets out of hand not even we can save Jungkook.

I sit down on the foot of my bed. I look down and my hands hold my head up, my elbows prodded up on my knees.

I hear Namjoon's footsteps coming closer. He then kneels down and looks up at me. "I know you're worried about Jungkook Tae, I am too. But we don't know how long he's been like this for. And if it has been for a while, then I applaud him for keeping it a secret for so long. He can clearly take care of himself. He's done it for all these years...keeping that thing in control. Yes, that's the word. Control. He has control over it. To have control over something like that requires a lot of power and patience. And he has that."

I look up and nod. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. I'm just so worried that-"

A knock on the door interrupts my sentence. We quickly stand up and Namjoon goes back to sitting on my chair and looking out the window casually. I open the door with a swift pull.

"What are you guys doing?" The warrior dark angel raises an eyebrow at the two of us.

My nose scrunches up. "Nothing that's going on in your head that's for sure."

"Nari what do you want?" Namjoon calls over to her.

"Yoongi's looking for you, both of you. It's something about Jungkook." Her eyes narrow. "You guys didn't tell him did you?"

Namjoon stands up wearily. I tilt my head. "Tell him what?"

"About Jungkook's secret, who he is."

I gasp. "You know too?"

She nods. "I've known for a while now. I'm surprised you two didn't clock on earlier." She leans her shoulder on the door frame, folding her arms.

"How long have you known?" Namjoon asks.

"I found out about 2 weeks ago. Some little kids spilt hot water on him by accident. Boy did it get ugly..." She trails off before shuddering.

"Technically that's not even that long ago." Namjoon folds his arms lifts his head up slightly to make himself even more taller compared to his younger sister.

"Well great so three of us know now." I throw my hands up in the air.

"Look there isn't really that much to say about it now. So how about we just pretend like we didn't see anything, for Jungkook's sake. And maybe be a little wary of him. And not tell Yoongi, okay?" She exchanges glances from my eyes to Namjoons, before we both nod in agreement.

"Alright let's go see what Yoongi wants." I shove past the siblings and outside. I immedietly see Yoongi looking extremely stressed out.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Have you seen Jungkook?" He says desperately. 

My eyes widen at his worried self. He hardly ever gets worried like this. "No, not since earlier when he pushed you. Why?"

"I can't find him anywhere. He's done something stupid, I know he has. I just have to figure out where he's doing something stupid."

I hear Namjoon and Nari coming up behind me. "Hyung we should just leave him be. Let him clear his head. He's just been told he can't go out ever again, you'd think he would be slightly pissed, wouldn't you?" Namjoon suggests.

Yoongi face softens a little. "I guess that's true." He mumbles. "But when you guys see him, let me know, okay?"

"Yeah we will, don't worry." Nari assures him.

He sighs. "Okay okay, I'm going to head inside. I'll see you guys later." He walks past us and towards the town.

"Wait what happened earlier? And what's this about him not being able to go outside?" Nari questions us.

Namjoon turns to her. "Long story short. Jungkook found that Hana girl again and Yoongi got pissed that he was talking to an angel so he said that he can't see her again or go into the unknown without his permission."

Her eyebrows furrow. "The same angel that gave him that necklace he wears all the time?"

I nod. "Yep."

"And Yoongi said he can't find Jungkook, so he's basically not here?"

I nod again. "Yep."

"After he specifically told him he can't see her again?"

"Yep."

But realisation strikes all of our minds as our facial expressions soon all change into similar ones.

"You've got to be kidding me." Namjoon groans, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Nari chuckles awkwardly. "Well, I think we've just figured out where he is."