01.

The familiar sound of an opening door made the chinese boy lift his head from his desk.

"Late..as usual." The teacher spoke, without really paying attention to the entrance of the boy, who seemed to be late again. He moved on with his lesson, the guy walking to his spot wearing a confident smile.

That smile, that never failed to make Wen Junhui's heart flutter, his cheeks turn into crimson color and his stomach to get those uncontrollable feelings. No matter what he did, he always had those feelings whenever the other was around.

Xu Minghao sat down next to his best friend, Kim Mingyu, and didn't even bother to grab his books. Even though Mingyu actually was paying attention to Mr Choi's lesson. But it still couldn't stop Junhui, the straight a student, with gazing over to him.

For a few months already, Junhui had been experiencing these strange and unfamiliar feelings. No one knew about the existence of his weird feelings, yet. And even if someone would find out, he wasn't planning on admitting it to anyone. So far, he didn't even really know himself what it was. He himself thought of it as a weird crush. The one you would read about in novels, where the unpopular would fall for the popular, never expecting that he would do that himself.. 

Junhui never really felt these things before. Beside that, he doesn't even know Minghao. Since they never talked. Minghao doesn't even pay attention to him. Why would he? Junhui isn't even close to being popular.

But what made it even more strange was the fact that Minghao was a boy. Junhui didn't even know himself if he even was into boys, since he never had feelings for someone of the same gender before. But neither did he ever had serious feelings for a girl. yes, he'd been on a few daters before, but none of them actually worked out. 

That's when he started doubting about his sexuality. What if his interest lays with boys? Especially after he found himself thinking about Minghao constantly..

But how could you not fall in love with him? He's for almost every girl in their school the definition of 'perfection'. With his jet black wavy hair and his hazel eyes. Slender, tall body. And not to forget, he's a fashion icon. It doesn't matter what season or in what circumstances he's in, he always dresses up stylish.

Junhui knew for sure if he wore a 2 sizes oversized pajama to school combined with flip flop  he would still be the prettiest boy in school. But that's just luck with the way he looked. Being the most popular guy in school, of course, also played a big part in his case. Junhui was sure that he couldn't be the only one thinking that.

But of course, he had no chance with the boy. Because beside him, basically every girl in their school liked him. What was pretty understandable. He is popular, good looking and always in a good mood. Exactly what a lot of girls look for in a boy. 

Junhui felt like he would be really lucky if Minghao ever even spared a glance at him. And even if they ever managed to make a little moment of eye contact, Junhui would get too nervous and would look in every other possible direction to stop himself from blushing way too obviously. 

But, of course, Minghao never came out for liking boys or being bi-sexual. So everyone assumed he was straight, what made sense since he had dated a lot of girls ever since he joined their school. You would've assumed him for a playboy, since he never dated someone longer than 2 weeks at least. It was one of the things that would make you want him less, right? But sadly for Junhui, and a lot more girls, it didn't work like that. 

The teacher continued with his class, but Junhui doesn't seem like he's going to pay attention any time soon. Minghao, yet again, seemed to took over all of his attention. How he sat there, on the other side of the classroom, without bothering to take a look at what we are actually doing. Normally, Junhui would've found it really annoying if someone simply didn't care at all when everyone else was working hard to get good grades.

But it was different this time. Minghao seemed to be different to him. As if there was more behind him than the popular good looking guy everyone saw. 

"... so Junhui, can you tell me who the main character was?"

His eyes trailed back to the teacher after he heard the question.

Main character? Main character? Suddenly he saw the title of Hunger Games in front of him on the table. Of course! The internet told him that there wasn't much difference between the book and the movie, so he decided to go for the movie to spare himself a lot more time. 

"K-katniss Everdeen, mister." He replied, still a bit confused after he got pulled out of his daydreaming like that.

"Thank you Junhui, now let's all imagine..." Junhui wasn't paying attention anymore. He already finished this assignment, so he knew he didn't have to worry about it anymore.  After a while of staring in the depth of the classroom he lay his head on the table, what annoyed Wonwoo. His best friend who was seated next to him.

"Mister straight a's, mind if you stop sleeping and give me your knowledge to get those straight a's." He muttered.

Wonwoo wasn't like Junhui. Well, in some ways. Because he was also an outcast. Probably because of his cold appearance. Of course he could be pretty cold when he gave comments, but on the inside he was a big softie. Exactly like Junhui.

Beside that, Wonwoo got reasonable grades. He never worked extremely hard on his tests or projects. So he was okay with a C, or sometimes even a B. Although Wonwoo admitted sometimes he was pretty jealous of Junhui's ability to keep his straight a's without putting too much effort in it.

"Dumbass, you should pay more attention in class then." He whispers back. What follows with a book hitting his head. "Yah! What was that good for!" Junhui whisper screamed. 

"Junhui, please pay attention, not everyone here gets good grades." His teacher still eyes friendly, while he already receives a lot of frustrated looks from his classmates. When will he stop embarrassing himself with being the smartest?

Luckily Minghao didn't notice it. It seems like he fell asleep again on his desk. The teacher doesn't even see it anymore, knowing that Minghao wouldn't get far anyways.

"I will personally rip you in pieces after class." Junhui whispers to a giggling Wonwoo, who seems to have a lot of fun after Junhui's embarrassment. Junhui instead, deep pink-colored cheeks, which he tries to hide. He's ashamed easily, what he thinks is really annoying. But what would you expect of an outcast student with straight A's? Luckily they don't pay much attention to him. Being unpopular is a whole lot better than getting bullied.

"Fight me, I will rip your head off before you can even lay a finger on me, bitch." Wonwoo hisses back. What leaves them both giggling.

"You stupid, you can't defeat me."

"Trust me I can, watch me beat your ass."

No. Junhui would never fight Wonwoo. Of course they hit each other very often. But that's what friends do. They would never get into a serious fight. Probably also for the fact they were each other's only friends, but also because they really cared about each other. 

Still 30 minutes left till literature class is over... Junhui lets out a deep sigh of tiredness. He lay his head in his hands and tried to focus at least a little at their inhuman boring. But his eyelids felt so heavy. That's going to be one hell of a 30 minutes...

Welcome, the few readers that are actually reading this🙃

I hope that you enjoy my story! Please let me know if it's at least a little interesting... 

Anyways, I hope you continue after this part, because this lovebirds deserve it;)

Loveeeee!

-Dana