28.

Minghao's eyes fluttered open because of the stray sunlight that beamed upon his face. But he didn't feel like waking up yet so he just snuggled his nose back into the safe and comforting scent of Junhui's hoodie.

Wait..

Into Junhui's hoodie?!

He looked up, just to see a peacefully asleep Junhui. His hair was one big mess and a little strand of salvia was connected to the corner of his lips. The sight looked adorable to Minghao.

His arms were still wrapped around the younger's torso and the taller clung onto him like a koala. Minghao even felt his slender fingers still interlaced with his hair.

But without second thoughts Minghao snuggled his nose back into the crook of the elders neck, pulling himself closer again. This was all he wanted. It seemed like this empty space inside him was now finally filled with the safety, warmth and comfort of Junhui.

Just being like that forever would've been enough to him.

But of course the universe couldn't keep it like that, because they were already running late for school.. And Minghao hated that.

He let out a deep sigh as he tried to sit straight. But the grip of Junhui's arms suddenly tightened when he moved away. Which kept him in the warmth of Junhui.

He looked confused as he got pulled back to Junhui's chest completely.

"Hao... I don't wanna gooooo..." Junhui said in his raspy morning voice, acting like a little child who had to wake up because of his mom.

The tingling feeling went trough Minghao's tummy like a storm on a chilly summer evening. Could Junhui possibly be even cuter?

Junhui, on the other hand, already woke up 15 minutes ago. He was one of those morning persons who loved to wake up early and be as energetic as the rest of the day. Who wanted to cook a good breakfast instead of slumping out their beds and just grabbing something quick to eat because they we're running late.

But it was different this time. When he was with Minghao, he felt like he wanted to stay in his arms and sleep all day. Just him and Minghao, cuddling up and focussing on little things, like the way his heart was beating or the steady rhythmically breathing.

He would be okay with it to just skip school and stay in bed with Minghao all day. At this point he didn't even care if Minghao loved him or not. Being with him and cuddling up like this satisfied everything inside him.

"Jun, we really have to go to school."

"But I don't want tooooo.."

"Juuuuuuun!"

Junhui loved the nickname Minghao just gave him. His tummy totally flipped upon hearing it coming out of Minghao's mouth.

"Okay, okay.." Junhui muttered and he rolled over, pushing himself up to get out of Minghao's bed.

Immediately Minghao felt cold again. The warmth Junhui gave him seemed to disappear as soon as he rolled away and he couldn't feel more empty. His scent, his warmth and comfort, it all felt a little addicting.

Is this the feeling of true love..?

Junhui walked out of the room, making his way to his own bedroom to grab some clothes. He decided to simply go for a hoodie, paired with ripped jeans before taking off to their bathroom where Minghao was already doing his hair. He still wore his kermit the frog pajama what looked adorable to Junhui.

He let out a deep chuckle and walked to the sink next to Minghao's, starting off with splashing some water in his face. Minghao raised an eyebrow and looked at him trough the mirror, questioning look plastered on his face.

"What's so funny?"

Junhui chuckled again, looking back while he dried his face off. "I'd rather call it adorable." Which only made Minghao's confusion worse. "What th-"

"-Come on, look at you in your Kermit pajama's, how couldn't I think that adorable?!"

At this point Junhui didn't even care anymore if he was being too obvious. He just slept with the boy in his arms, so what could go wrong by making a comment like this. The reaction Minghao gave was even better than he expected.

His cheeks lit up and he quickly splashed some water in his face, hoping he could wash his blush off by this. But it only made Junhui look at him with more adoration.

"S-shut up!" Minghao yelled, his voice muffled by the towel he hid his face in.

Junhui just chuckled, focussing back on his own mirror while he did his own hair.

Does he even know what he's doing with me? Is it too obvious I ..l-love.. him? What is he going to think of me if he finds out I like him. If he finds out I like boys in general? But he accepted Wonwoo and Mingyu too? He LOVED Wonwoo and Mingyu together, because that's almost the happiest I've ever seen him. Maybe I should tell him I'm into boys?

Minghao looked aside and saw Junhui peacefully doing his hair and staring at his own reflection in the mirror. His train of thoughts stressed him out a little. But seeing Junhui there so peacefully calmed him down again. How does he do that every time..?

Maybe I should..

But he walked off to the living room, to grab himself something to eat since they were going to be late for school otherwise. It wasn't the right time to tell him right now. Not yet.

His love for Junhui wouldn't be mentioned. Because right now, he felt like the elder was the most important thing that was in his life. He never met someone like Junhui and he couldn't risk anything to lose him. Even though it might hurt him a lot, he couldn't.

But little did Minghao know, Junhui was struggling with exact the same thing. Junhui felt like his heart was bleeding. He knew he could express his feelings more, but he couldn't even think about a world where Minghao's feelings were mutual.

He couldn't even tell if Minghao needed the support because he wasn't alright at all, or if there actually were feelings involved. Junhui didn't know if they were just really close friends. Would Minghao ever see more in the two of them?

Little did both of them know what was going to happen...