08.

"So.. what would you say about working together on this project?" 

Wonwoo, who was seated next to Mingyu, nervously tugged on his sleeves. He wasn't expecting Mingyu would actually ask that, nor speak to him. "Uhm.. yeah, sure.." He wasn't being cold right? That was the last thing he wanted to show Mingyu. For once he wanted to leave a good expression, even though he knew he might fail miserably at it.. 

"What's your name anyways?" Wonwoo looked up to him, his cheeks turning a different color. 

"Wonwoo, how about you?" Stupid, everyone knows his name. He is more popular than normal people could actually wish for!

"I'm Mingyu, nice to meet you!" Wonwoo saw a heartwarming smile appearing on the taller's face. 

Why do I feel like this?

Wonwoo felt his heartbeat pick up speed like crazy when he saw Mingyu smiling like that. He couldn't stop staring at him. His deep brown eyes, that sparkled a little when he smiled, were so breath taking beautiful.

"Hello everyone!" Just like that, Wonwoo got ripped out of his daydreaming when their teacher entered their classroom. 

Just before he looked away, an interesting thought crossed his mind. He wasn't the only one who was staring. He didn't knew how long they did it, but Mingyu locked his gaze too. His smile disappeared, but he stared back. 

With crimson colored cheeks, he looked away, what left Wonwoo smiling a little. Did that just happen? For real?

He tried to shake it off, as the teacher started explaining about the project they were going to work on. He and Mingyu were going to work on.. 

/\_/\

Junhui grabbed his back and swung it over his shoulder as he walk to the door. Their class just ended and Minghao already walked to Mingyu, who was still busy talking with Wonwoo. 

Luckily Junhui wasn't as nervous as the day before, when they first met. Minghao acted so relaxed around him, what calmed him down as soon as they started on the project. Maybe it was just because they now didn't have to come up with a subject to talk about, since the project itself was already a handful of information. That was probably what made it less awkward. 

But as soon as class ended Minghao left Junhui, who was still packing his stuff. Not that it surprised him. Minghao was popular he had friends waiting for him. Of course Junhui shouldn't expect anything from it. 

"Junhui, wait for me!" 

Junhui's heartbeat picked up again when he heard the oh so familiar voice calling his name. So beautiful..

He turned around to face Minghao, who followed him out of the classroom, now standing in the middle of the crowded hallway. He was taken aback by his sudden action. Minghao literally called his name trough a crowded hallway. How many students would've heard him? But for some reason Minghao didn't seem to care, since he was walking towards Junhui with a big smile plastered to his face.

"You should join us in our break!" Minghao said once he was close enough to Junhui, who felt like he was internally dying. Join him in his break? Who was us? The table with all the popular students? It couldn't be..

"A-are you sure? I mean-" "-Mingyu also invited Wonwoo." 

Wonwoo was coming too?! Junhui wasn't planning on spending his break alone. And if Wonwoo was also coming it wouldn't be that bad, right? He wasn't going to be alone.

"Aww, please!" Minghao kept gazing direct in his eyes, while going trough his hair with one hand. With didn't help a single bit, because the hairs fell back in front of his eyes as soon as he dropped it. I might die right here right now if he keeps acting like this.. Junhui thought to himself, still doubting if he should do it. 

"Okay okay, I'll join you." If Minghao asked it himself it couldn't harm anyone.. right? 

The only thing Junhui was scared of was that they wouldn't accept him by sitting there with Minghao. Well, he still had Wonwoo after all. 

Just as he thought about him, he saw Wonwoo together with Mingyu walking out of the classroom, making their way over to them. Mingyu was a lot taller, standing next to Wonwoo, but it didn't stop him with gazing down at Wonwoo for the whole time. 

Wonwoo excused himself and ran up to Junhui. "We're joining them, right?" 

Junhui knew he couldn't resist his best friend, just as bad as he couldn't resist Minghao.. "Yes.. I just agreed.." He said, letting out a sigh, watching Wonwoo who was holding back his squeals. 

"Great, let's go!" Minghao tugged Junhui's sleeve in the direction of the canteen. He just followed him in silence while Wonwoo and Mingyu were already busy in a conversation again. 

As they were almost there Minghao suddenly turned around to Junhui, still holding his sleeve. "You should go already, I think I forgot something. Junhui will help me with it." Minghao said to Mingyu, who nodded and took Wonwoo with him to their usual table. 

Junhui felt all the heat crawling up to his face when he saw Minghao's hand still holding on to his sleeve. Minghao noticed it and quickly pulled back, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. 

"I -eh, just wanted to say that they will be nice to you, you shouldn't worry about it." He said, as if he just red Junhui's mind. 

Junhui lowered his gaze and stared at the tops of his black Converse All Stars sneakers. "Are you sure you want me to sit with you? I mean, I'm not popular at all.." He felt so insecure, knowing that they were going to look weird at him. They only knew him as the Straight A Student. He didn't even knew why he told Minghao about the way he felt. He guessed he just felt .. reliable around him.

"Of course I want you to!" Junhui's eyes shifted back up, meeting Minghao's. "I think you're a really nice person and I don't only want to secretly hang out with you. You don't deserve to be treated like that." 

In the process, Minghao's cheeks lit up. But that didn't stop him from giving Junhui one of the most heartwarming smiles he could ever imagine. So of course, knowing that he should trust him, Junhui nodded. 

"Thank you Minghao.." He said, flustered by the numerous compliments he just received. 

"Now, let's go. I want to introduce you to them!" Minghao quickly said, wiping away the awkward situation easily. 

And like that, the two boys walked inside the canteen..