04.

The loud sound of the buzzer awakens the Chinese boy. Junhui lifted his head off the table and watched how everyone started packing and leaving the classroom. 

Surprisingly he decided to show up today. After he ran off yesterday, he didn't expected him to actually go to school. Maybe because he was afraid that people actually saw his embarrassing move. Or maybe because he was afraid that Minghao actually heard them talking about him.

But on the other hand, Wonwoo also confessed his feelings about Mingyu, so a big burden fell off his shoulders now he wasn't the only one with those unexplainable feelings. 

Junhui stood up, hiking his backpack up higher casually while he walked past the teachers desk. 

"Bye Junhui." The man said as Junhui just waved back, walking out of the classroom. 

The hallways were almost empty as he walked trough them, making his way to the practice rooms. At this hour barely any students still had classes. Except of Junhui, who had to follow extra homework lessons of his parent. Which he mostly didn't even showed up, because for him it meant just another hour of sleeping.

When he actually did go to them, he knew he wanted to go to one of the empty practice rooms afterwards, because there weren't much students anymore. He did that more often when he had school late. 

No one really knew this, especially his parents didn't, but Junhui was crazy about singing, dancing and playing piano. He once told Wonwoo about it, but because he was too shy about it, he rejected it when Wonwoo suggested to show it to him. But even though he was really shy about it, he secretly dreamed about becoming an artist.

His parents would never agree to that, it was just a waste of his time. They wanted him to be a well educated and overall smart boy, so that he could get a good paid job. His life was technically all planned out for him, but of course he knew he wasn't going to stick to his parents plan. It was his life, not theirs. 

He opened the door of the closest practice room. Since the other ones were all empty he left the door ajar. When he first started to come here he was really scared that people would find out about him playing there. But after a few weeks he found out that there were barely people in the building anymore, so he got quite comfortable with the idea of making music and dancing there. 

After he threw away his backpack, he stretches his arms with a deep sigh and he sits down behind the keyboard that's standing in a corner. When he rests his fingers on the keys, they automatically start making it's way over the keys. It feels like a natural thing to Junhui, making the flowing forms with both his hands, sliding over the keys, taking in their sound one by one. After a few little exercises he grabs some paper works. The little project he's working on himself. 

The first song he's writing himself. "Can you sit by my side?" Written in Chinese.

He presses in the first keys and breathes in and out, the world around him fading away. When he recognizes the melody he's playing, his voice joins in. 

The song is about his love for someone and the question if he can get closer to that person, without them running away. About his longing to that person, even though he doesn't really understand it yet. His hopes that when this person hears the song that they will sit by his side. 

"Nice song you're playing." 

A sudden voice snapped Junhui out of his little trance. Immediately he turns around to see who walked in, as he almost falls off of his stool. 

The guy runs his hand through his jet black hair, that's always hanging in his face as he walks over to the other side of the room. He grabs a chair and sits down on it making a gesture to Junhui to keep playing, while Junhui feels like he can't move. 

All the air seems to be pressed out of his lungs as he watches the flawless boy sitting there, just a few meters away from him, body completely relaxed leaning back in his chair. 

Xu Minghao just entered the practice room...

(Short chapter, but I didn't have much time and I wanted to upload anyways🙃)