Chapter 4

Monica sat at one of the benches waiting for Bruce. She was anxious to see him. He had told her to meet him at Langold Country Park. He was going to show her around and take her out for lunch. She found herself thinking about him often. Although they had only just met the night before, she couldn't keep him out of her head. She found him intriguing.

Monica looked up and smiled when she saw him walking up towards her, she stood up and met him halfway. "Hi!' he smiled, putting his hand out, "Sorry I'm late." Monica smiled back and ignored his hand, she pulled him into a hug instead, "Hi Bruce." Bruce held his breath and felt his heart beating faster in his chest. He hugged her back, her scent all around him making his head spin. They pulled apart and Monica noticed that he had his hair down. "I really love your hair. It looks so soft. May I touch it?" Bruce was taken aback. No-one had ever asked if they could touch his hair. "Uhm...sure." Monica gave him a shy laugh, "I'm sorry, its a weird question, it just looks so soft and I want to see if it really is." She began running her fingers through his hair. It felt like soft baby hair. He obviously took great care of it. It also smelled great. Bruce closed his eyes as she continued caressing his hair. This had always been one of his weak spots. A pretty girl playing with his hair would either make him fall asleep or turn him on. Unfortunately, he wasn't tired. Monica heard the groan and realized what was happening. She stopped and whispered in his ear, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen." Bruce chuckled, opened his eyes and looked at Monica, "It's alright love, I can't help it. When a beautiful girl plays with my hair my body has a mind of its own." They stood staring at each other, noticing how close they were to one another. Bruce stared at her lips, he wanted to close the gap between them but didn't want to seem to brash. Monica had her hands on his shoulders, she noticed that his eyes were a copper brown, and they had an intensity to them that she had never seen before in anyone else. She pulled herself a little closer to him, feeling his breath on her lips. She wanted to kiss him. Wanted to feel those lips on hers...
"Hey Bruce! Wotcha doing Mate?"
Monica and Bruce pulled apart, both giving each other a nervous laugh. Bruce looked around and saw one of his co-workers from the slaughterhouse. He came up to them and slapped Bruce on the back, "Fucking hell, what the hell are you doing here at old Langie Park? Thought you'd be spending the day in the sack with some bird." he laughed, giving Bruce a shove in the shoulder. Bruce looked at Monica and saw that she was uncomfortable. Hopefully she wasn't thinking that he just wanted to have a rump in the sack and that's it. He was developing feelings for her and wanted to take it seriously.
Bruce looked at his co-worker, he had been drinking and more than likely had been doing drugs as well. A lot of the guys at the slaughterhouse were known to do drugs. A lot of times the animals were used as drug mules before they were slaughtered. It was a known thing. Bruce kept out of it all. He wanted a new job, but for now this paid the bills.
"Roger, mate, I'm on a date right now, can you please leave us alone? I'll see you tomorrow at work." Bruce grabbed Monica's hand and started walking away.
"Hey, c'mon mate. I'll join you two. Who knows, this pretty young lady may enjoy a threesome, if you know what I mean." at that moment he went and grabbed Monica by the arm and tried to pull her toward him.
Bruce let go of her hand and rushed toward him. "Get your hands off of her you fucking cunt!" he pushed him away from Monica. Roger stumbled and fell down onto the floor. He looked up at Bruce, surprised by his reaction, "C'mon Bruce, I thought we were mates. Fucking hell. Can't you take a joke?"
Bruce kicked Roger in the side as hard as he could, "I'm not your fucking mate. Never have been. Don't fucking touch my girlfriend again. I will fucking end you." He kicked him again.

Bruce turned around and looked at Monica. She was horrified at what had just happened. All the anger had left Bruce and he went up to her, wrapping his arms around her. "I'm sorry you had to see that. He's an awful cunt. Always has been. As long as I"m around I won't let him touch you, or anyone else for that matter." Monica pulled away from Bruce and looked up at him, "You called me your girlfriend." she smiled at him. Bruce suddenly realized that he had indeed called her his girlfriend. "Shit..I'm...I'm sorry..." he didn't know what to say..."It just came out...I didn't want him touching you or hurting you. I didn't like what he said...I didn't want...." Monica shut him up by kissing him. They pulled away and looked at each other, both of them blushing, "I don't mind. Let's just get to know each other a little bit better first before we make it official." Bruce smiled, pulling her into another kiss.