3. Obsession

Hot water runs over your aching body as you recap the past 24 hours. What do they want from me? I haven't seen them before last night at the bar... but I must have done something. They were really sexual. Just the thought makes you shudder. I wonder if I took a hit on someone they knew... you finish up your shower and grab the clothes Mrs. Xia is lending you.  Checking the clock on the bedside table, 3:00 am is flashing in neon green letters. I need to go to bed... at least I don't have classes tomorrow. A soft knock pulls you out of your thoughts, two sweet smiles captivating your vision. "Hey sweetheart, we just wanted to clean up your wounds really quick," Mrs. Xia says as Mr. Xia brings in the first aid kit. You touch the tender skin surrounding the knife wound and various places you were bumped and scratched by the men and trees, grimacing at the pain felt. "Thanks guys..." you trail off.

     Meanwhile, at Bangtan Headquarters, a million dollar building in a remote location aside a just as expensive mansion, men are arguing and debating the next step in their plan to capture you.

"Who is this chick?" Jimin mumbles, icing his arm with a new stab wound. "No one's ever gotten away from us."

"I don't know! Sitting here and moping is useless! Why doesn't everyone get off their asses and let's get to work!" Namjoon explodes, gritting his teeth as he tries to wrap his brain around what happened.

"Hey! Why don't you calm the fuck down! Everyone's trying there hardest!" Yoongi counters with just as much power, causing the younger to glare as he took a seat at his desk, multiple monitors littering the surface.

"Fine. Whatever. Does anyone know anything? And I mean anything at all?" Namjoon questions, the violence in his voice subsiding.

"Her name's Jung Y/N, and she goes to Kyung-Hee University, 21, a sophomore in law school," answers Taehyung with the only intelligence they have on you.

"Jung... Jung, that name sounds familiar..." Hoseok is the only one to respond.

"No shit, it's your name too," retorts Namjoon.

"No, I mean I heard something about her family in the news, idiot," Hoseok snaps.

Namjoon rolls his eyes in response, searching Jung in his databases. "Jung Heejin and Jikyun found dead from unknown causes, leaves billion dollar company and fortune to daughter, Jung Y/N..." he reads aloud.

"Wow, that's why she lives all alone in that big mansion," Jin states, the smallest bit of compassion felt for you.

"Alright guys, it's like 4:00 in the morning, and we have an early morning. Head to the house," orders Namjoon.

"Alright, but if I wake up late, don't blame me, I was swinging on those branches like never before," laughs Jungkook.

"Yeah, but you do that in training anyways," chuckles Yoongi.

They take the elevator down to the ground floor, walking on the pavement to their shared estate. Laughter is shared all the way into the mansion. Each does their own nightly routine, and one by one, they fall into a deep slumber, dreaming of you.

The same couldn't be said for you. Running and running, you couldn't catch your breath. They found you. Each time. Again and again. If you hide, they find you. Running is the only option. You don't have a weapon. There's no escape.

Jerking awake, you're sitting upright in bed, panting, a cold sweat breaking out above your lip and on your forehead. "It was just a dream," you try to console yourself. Checking bedside clock, it's bright green colors flashed 10:00 am. You get out of bed in search of a brush to untangle the mess you call your hair. Quickly running one through your bird's nest, you make your way out of the room and down the stairs.

The sizzling bacon and smell of pancakes makes your stomach grumble, letting you realize it's almost been 24 hours since you last ate. Your feet respond by picking up pace towards the delicious smell.

"Good Morning Y/N, we just woke up and are about to have breakfast; care to join?" Greets the elderly Mrs. Xia.

"I would love to," you reply, taking a seat.

"Dig in!" Encourages Mr. Xia.

About 45 minutes later, you travel back up to your room, stomach full, and check your phone. An unknown number sent a message saying 'I have a job for you, let's meet up in the alley between Minzoo and Kyunjae at 8:00 pm. -Dash'. You close your phone, weary of if you should go. It could be a set up. Or it could be an actual job to do. Making up your mind, you cautiously say good-bye to the Xia's and make your way back to the travesty of a house you call home now. Mr. Xia offers you a ride, which you accept with gratitude.

Spotless. That's the only way to describe anything. Spotless. You walk into the kitchen, no utensils or glass on the ground, unlike what the commotion brought yesterday. All keys are back on the rack. Grabbing a knife, you slowly make your way to the stairs and up. You sneak into your room. Nothing. Even the bed is made. Walking into your closet, no clothes are on the ground, all on their racks. They organized everything back to the way it was before. But you still felt unsure. 12:00 pm read the clock on the wall. 8 hours before you meet the person wanting to hire you.

8 hours. Drive to old apartment. Grab all weapons.

7 hours. Eat.

6 hours. Take a 4 hour nap.

2 hours. Redress wounds.

1 hour. Get dressed. Only black. Black long sleeve. Black beanie. Black jeans. Black shoes. Black mask.

Grabbing the keys to the black Koenigsegg, you head into the garage and hop in the car, engine roaring to life. Tinted windows hide your identity perfectly.

     Tires screeching against the long drive way, you floor the gas and take off towards the bad part of town

Arriving at your destination, you feel less uncomfortable seeing a single man in the alleyway. Of course it could be a set up. But now you can at least take care of yourself. A gun is tucked into your waistband, cautious of your surroundings. Time to talk business.

"Dash," your voice comes out as a low whisper as you avoid eye contact until confirmation.

"Mhm," he confirms in a similar manner.

Looking at him, he's way taller than you first thought. He's built but not too much. Wouldn't be too hard to take down in case of combat.

Making eye contact, you initiate the conversation, "Got any files? Paperwork? Something to help me get this done?"

"All in here," he explains, handing you a hefty folder with a good amount of paper in between the two flaps.

"A lot of people or a lot of information?" You joke.

"A little bit of both," his blunt answer making you huff.

Opening the thick stack, first person on the list: Kim Namjoon. Looking through the papers, six other names make you smile. A sick, sick smile no one would ever want to see you with. Because all it brings is an unfortunate future. Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook.

How unfortunate indeed. This is going to be fun.
——————————————————————————

Tried my best with only so much time. Thank you so, soooo much for reading and VOTING. Y'all have my heart. Kisses.

~kam