16. Get It Done

"So it's today?"

"Yes, Hoseok! Today! You act like you've never gone on a mission! I have to kill someone!"

The restaurant quiets down, searching for the voice who spoke of murder. The male sneers at your words, repeating them in a high pitched voice.

"No, no, no, you've asked me twice already. I asked you if you wanted to come to lunch to take your mind off of things, not so I could say the same things over and over again. You've seen me get jobs done before, what makes this different?"

"Well... now we're just worried."

"Hobi, I've been doing this since I was 18, I'm fine."

Hoseok looks at you, eyes soft and shining. He likes that name. Hobi. It's cute.

"You know, you guys don't have to come along..."

"Nope, we're all coming with you. No choice. After you get it done we can party, too."

"Okay, but don't pester me about it anymore. You're stressing me out."

"Sorry, Y/N, we just don't want to see you get hurt."

"Chicken Caesar Salad and Seared Tuna?" A waitress walks up to the table, setting down the plates. She has her eyes on Hoseok, giving him a smirk that speaks volumes. "Do you need anything," she asks, mainly aimed at the male, who sits there, sending you a look of annoyance.

"Yeah, can I get some more water, please?" You ask, the waitress' head snapping to look at you. She's irritated that you took away Hoseok's attention, but clearly she can't see he hasn't given her any.

"Sure," she grits, sauntering away, widening the sway of her hips.

"I think she likes you," you giggle, eyeing the man across the table.

"Clearly she can't tell that I have no interest in her." He smiles, scooting his chair closer to you, placing his hand on top of yours. "I'm here for you."

He places a chaste kiss on your lips, trying not to get heated in a public restaurant. He pulls away, catching your bashful smile. "You're so cute. Did you know that?" He boops your nose, blush more prevalent on your cheeks.

"I might've known, but I'm glad you told me."

A glass cup slams onto the table, the waitress sporting a distasteful look. "Here's your water." The restaurant quiets down, staring at the scene taking place.

"Thank you!" Sarcasm lacing your voice, you look at Hoseok and smile, portraying a message through your eyes. He leans in, kissing your cheek, turning and grinning at the woman who still stands at the table.

"That's all, thanks," he brushes her off, turning back to you and giving a longing stare. She scurries away, pining over Hoseok one last time. "Glad she's gone."

"You and me both." You and the male munch away, trying to finish before your next class. You both make interesting conversation, giggling at the silly words shared. "Alright, I have a class in 15 minutes. Are you guys going to head to my house?" You wave to a new waiter and ask for the check.

"Yeah, we'll grab a couple things and chill there until you get home."

"Here, take my extra key. You can go, I'll pay."

"No way, I'm paying. Get to class."

"I'm not going to fight with you about this. Go," you smile, trying not to laugh at his resistance.