24. Dance with Death

Screams.

     Screams, the sound of glass shattering, and tires screeching on asphalt are the only sounds that your mind allows you to hear..

     "Y/N!"

     In the black abyss, you sit. It's like a mini version of you that can wander through your mind.

     Your conscious.

     "Wake up!"

     Sharply inhaling, you try to sit up, but hands hold you down. You open your eyes, bright lights blinding you. You let out a terrified scream, looking around. To the sides of you are people in scrubs, running. Your eyes wander down to your body. There's a stained white bed under you, a red liquid, thick and sticky, coating your body and the sheets.

     "Ma'am, please stay calm, you're in the Emergency room and on the way to the ICU."

     "I- What happened?!"

     You hear the nurses telling people to move, everyone following the orders.

     "Do you not remember? You were shot. You're car rolled too."

     You're quiet for a second. "Where's Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook?"

     "I don't know, ma'am," the nurse answers as her and her colleagues wheel you into a room. "You've lost a lot of blood. We're waiting for the surgeon to disinfect himself so he can take the bullet out of you." The nurse sticks a needle into your arm,  beeping coming from a machine nearby starts to ring in your ears.

     Another nurse sticks a needle into the same arm, a tube connecting it to a hanging bag of liquid. "50 c.c.'s of hydro morphine. Should knock her out."

      "I- No, I have to find them." The nurses sense what you're implying, immediately reaching for your limbs to hold you down. You try to use both arms to push yourself out of the bed, but your right arm lays limply, numbly. You grasp the IV's in your arm, yanking them out with a yelp of pain. It starts to bleed a little, but it doesn't bother you too much. You get to the side of the bed before any nurses touch you, blood dripping to the bleach white tile that decorates the floor. Pools start to form, drops from your wound and ones that have dripped down your arm causing build up on the floor. The two nurses to your left take steps but miss as your body slinks out of the bed, the one that almost had hold of you on the right slipping on a puddle of blood.

     You land hard on the ground, wheezing before pushing yourself up with your left arm. You take unsteady steps and start to run, the two nurses that were trying to hold you down following. "Jungkook?! Taehyung?!" You call out, running on shaky legs. "Jimin?!"

      Your legs give out, resulting in you crawling towards the doors to the ICU. You inch your way to them, but are stopped as the nurses you tried to escape from catch up to you, grabbing your arms gently. Their grip is firm as they call to men standing by the doors. "Help us get her back to 3C," they plead, your body turning and struggling in their hold.

     "Let me go! I have to see if they're okay!" You cry, attracting the attention of everyone in the Intensive Care Unit.

      "Please, Ms, don't make this harder than it has to be," a man tries to soothe, speaking gently. His attempts are futile, your body wiggling, still.

     Finally, as the two nurses and two guards get you back to the room you were originally in, they force you down onto the bed, but not without a fight.

     Another nurse comes in, straps in her hands. The four people who are holding you down start to speak of strapping you down, exactly where to so that you aren't harmed.