Chapter No. 6

Sophia

For the third time in a row, I woke up with the noise of utensils clattering in the kitchen. Cursing under my breath, I let out a loud yawn and prepared myself for confronting Noah about his early morning rituals.

Still in my dozy state, I dragged myself to the kitchen where he was making some kind of crepes. He is the only man I have met who wakes up this early in the morning just to make a fancy breakfast for himself. Most of the times, I just eat cereal and if once in the blue moon, I am in the mood of something fancy, I make egg salad sandwich or pancakes.

"Good morning Sunshine!" he whistled once he watched me staring at him with crossed arms, without taking his eyes off the icing with which he was covering the crepe. Afterwards, he adorned it with fresh strawberries and placed another crepe on top of it. This process continued until he had a multilayered crepe cake in front of him in all its glory.

"Is it for the whole week?" I asked, assessing the huge cake and wondering who would finish it. I don't have a sweet tooth and he can't finish this whole cake all by himself, can he?

"Watch and learn." he commanded and then cut the cake in half, placing one half in his plate and covering it with whipped cream.

"Glutton much? I swear I have no idea how you keep yourself fit." I added and mischief filled his eyes at this comment. He placed the other half in the refrigerator and walked back to me, this time closer than before.

"Look like someone has been noticing my body a lot." he raised his eyebrows as his ocean blue eyes stared deeply into mine.

"Look like someone needs a reality check. Remember I have seen you naked?" I used the same line he had used, although I don't remember anything of that night. "So here goes the curiosity, henceforth the attraction." I raised my hand to my eyes and lowered it down to my stomach, mimicking his action of last night.

His grin widened at this and he ran his fingers through his wet hair. "You are a freak, Sophia." his voice was low, almost seductive, as if it would work on me.

"Takes one to know." I passed him a sweet yet conniving smile and picked up the crepe plate from the counter. As I walked back to my room, I felt his intense gaze making holes on my back.

..........

I just take a single shift on Saturday and Sunday is usually off. I lied again to Noah, telling him that I was going to meet a friend. I don't know why I was still lying to him about my job. It wasn't like I was ashamed of being a waitress but I just couldn't bring myself to tell him that. Knowing the condescending jerk he is, he would jeer at me for being a loser and I won't be able to defend myself.

Once I entered the cafe, my eyes looked for Tessa who was flirting with the bartender, Antonio. She always had a crush on him and his brilliant coffee making skills didn't help but aggravated the flame.

Shaking my head at her hundredth unsuccessful attempt of flirting with him, I went to the staff room and changed into my uniform. Once I reached them, I decided to play cupid. "Antonio, did Tessa tell you about the party?"

"What party?" Tessa asked and I jabbed her stomach with my elbow.

"The party, at your house," I glared at her to make her understand what I was trying to do. At first, she looked confused but at last, the reality dawned upon her and she nodded.

"Oh, that party." she mentioned and then turned to Antonio; I swear her eyes brightened up as they fell on pretty boy. "We're all hanging out at my house tonight. Would you like to come?"

"Sure." he shrugged. Afterwards he left to prepare coffee for a customer while Tessa gave him a once-over with admiring eyes.

"You better wear something sexy tonight otherwise I ain't being your wing-man anymore." I winked at her and she stuck her tongue out at me.