Chapter No. 27

Sophia

Ugh.

Due to all the drink I had last night, my head burst in pain on waking up. I recalled the events of last night and nothing made an appearance in my mind after I kissed Alaric. Just to be on safe side, I checked the side of my bed and thankfully, didn't find any naked body.

I checked my phone and there was a text message from Alaric, saying if I mind him tucking me to bed last night.

Aww.

I was sure if there was someone else in his place, he would have tried to take advantage of my state. What did I do to deserve a guy like him?

After sending him a reply, I hopped out of the bed and that's when my head exploded again because of the headache. I dragged myself to the mirror and looked into my reflection. My makeup was smudged badly and my hair was a mess.

Clenching my eyes in pain, I made my way to the kitchen using my sense of touch. Once I reached the kitchen, I flopped on the stool and rested my head on the counter.

"Coffee, Noah." I moaned in pain.

I heard small movements after which a cup was placed in front of me. "Thank y-" I raised my head and that's when my tongue got caught in shock.

In front of me was standing Emma, wearing one of Noah's shirts that reached her knees. Her short hair was messily set and her face was free of any makeup. It didn't need a genius to figure out what happened between her and Noah last night and the realisation caused an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Hi," she said and that's when the trance broke.

"H... Hi." I said, still staring at her as if I had seen a ghost.

She poured the batter of the omelette on the pan. While it cooked, I heard the footsteps coming towards us. After a small moment, Noah's face appeared through the entrance of the kitchen. His eyes widened when he first acknowledged my presence but then he braced himself and walked towards Emma to give her a kiss on cheek, the sight just added to my nauseous state.

"Hi," he said to me but he looked different; reserved.

"Hey," I said, taking a sip of the coffee.

"I'll change into something else. Cook the rest of it." she ordered to Noah and then walked past us out of the kitchen.

After she left, we exchanged an awkward look but neither of us said anything. He continued making the breakfast while I silently sipped the coffee.

"So?" I finally decided to break the silence after a long moment. "Couldn't control Noah Jr. any longer?"

An involuntary chuckle left his mouth at this and he lifted his head to look into my eyes. Something about the blueness made me nervous and I gulped in response. "I am serious about her, Sophia."

The line gave me more headache than the hangover. "Oh, that's great." I lied.

"I know, right." he smiled but something was off. He didn't look hundred percent sure of his decision. But who was I to interfere? It was his love life and I was nothing but his roommate.

..........

"How do I look?" I asked Tessa through a video call. I gave her a once-over of my outfit that consisted of a pinkish nude palazzao pants and a matching top. Throughout these past two years, I have mastered in finding clothes that are cheap but looked nothing less than a designer item.

Tonight, I had invited Alaric to my apartment to have a date night with him. We are planning to have dinner and then watch a movie and talk.

"Wait, that's your bang-night outfit." she said.

"No, it's not." I said defensively on getting caught.

She glared at me, widening her bright blue eyes. "I was with you when you bought this outfit. You said you would wear it if you were planning to get laid someday. Wait! Is that because Noah slept with Emma?"

"Why would you say that? It's not true." I claimed in annoyance. It was true, to some extent but there was another reason. I liked Alaric and I wanted to take the next step with him.

Besides, a girl gotta eat.

"God, I knew you liked him. That's why you're jealous and trying to make him feel the same." she proclaimed, her mouth opened in surprise.

"That's not true at all." I shouted almost immediately.

That's when I heard the ringing of bell. Cutting the call, I made my way out of my room to the living room where Noah was already sitting. His eyes widened when he noticed me and appreciation was clear from his face.

"Close your mouth, Brown." I walked past him to the door and opened it, revealing Alaric. He was dressed in red shirt and black pants, his perfect hair gelled back and a sweet smile lingering on his face.

"You look amazing." he said.

"I know." I said and led him to the living room. He greeted Noah and sat down in front of him. The latter assessed the former from head to toe with his lips were thinned in a line.

"Um... Let's go back to my room. The pizza will be here soon." I said to Alaric awkwardly. Being with a same room with both of them was giving me headache.

"Pizza?" Alaric asked, looking slightly disappointed.

"Well, I am not a good cook." I chuckled nervously.

"I am." he said, passing me his swoon-worthy smile. "A girl as amazing as you deserves a proper dinner on date night. Let me."

Blushing because of his words, I showed him the kitchen and told him where everything was. He asked me to relax with Noah while he cooked something for me so I did as he said and seated myself in front of Noah.

"Isn't he amazing?" I sighed dreamily under my breath as I caught his movement through the kitchen entrance.

"Yeah." Noah said dryly.

"His kids are gonna be beautiful." I whispered. He was a timeless beauty, as if God took extra time to carve his features with granite.

"What?" I asked when I watched Noah staring at me with an amused face.

"You said his kids."

"Yeah. So?"

"When you like someone, you don't say his kids. You say our kids." he pointed out.

"Um... I..." I didn't know what to say.

"Do you not see a future with him?" he asked and I felt conscious under his calculating gaze. I bit my lips and looked around, not able to look into his eyes or say anything.

"Bullshit." I finally said and stood up when I couldn't hold any longer.

"Sophia!" he called my name but I didn't listen.

I entered the kitchen and told Alaric that I would be waiting for him in my room. Then I walked past Noah, but I could feel his focused gaze boring holes on my back.

_____________________________

Sophia's outfit