Chapter No. 16

Noah

Like I had predicted last night, Alaric left the club after some time, leaving Sophia alone. Surprisingly, being proven correct didn't feel good at all because she looked really sad. I haven't seen her look this disheartened before and it filled me with distress.

"I'll be back," I told the other guys and made my way towards her. Her back was towards me and her hair was sprawled all over the white dress.

Once I reached her, I seated myself in front of her. She lifted her head to look at me, her eyes dripping with exhaustion. "Are you here to make fun of me?" she said dryly.

"No," I said and her forehead wrinkled. "It isn't your fault that your Mr. Perfect is a dick."

"He isn't. This place was out of his comfort zone." she denfended him despite his inconsiderate action and it irked me.

I scoffed humourlessly. "You know what? He is stupid. There are probably hundreds of guys here dying to talk to you and he just left you here alone."

She let out a deep exhale and then continued, "I don't know. I'm going back to the apartment."

"Don't be a loser, Stone. You are not the kind of girl whose life revolves around a single guy." I affirmed. That's what I admired about her; she was a strong-headed female who knew what she wants.

"But---"

"Listen Roomie, you are going to get a thrill out of tonight. Go have some drinks, gossip with your girlfriends, dance with some fools who think they stand a chance with you and then if I give consent, have a one-night-stand with me." I added the last part as a joke and the attempt proved successful when she dissed me with a smile.

She looked around and then her eyes stopped on the bar where her friends were standing. "You're right." she finally agreed.

"Great. Now I have a bachelors party to attend and the stripper is really hot." I joked and she rolled her eyes.

Both of us left the booth together and while she made her way to the bar, I returned to my seat where a tall, curvy girl was giving a lap dance to the groom.

"Who was she? Your new target?" James asked. James was one of those people who were not happy with my careless lifestyle and meaningless hookups.

"No, she is my roommate." I told him.

His raised an eyebrow suggestively and asked, "Just roommate or roommate plus fuck-buddy?"

"Just roommate. I am not interested in her like that." I let out in agitation and he stared as if he didn't believe me.

Ignoring his calculating gaze on me, I poured another drink and chugged it down my throat.

The party went on for about half an hour after which the stripper whose name was Dolly left and we lazily slumped in our seats, most of us drunk to oblivion.

"Hey guys, look," Greg, one of my colleagues pointed towards something. We turned over heads to a group of girls that were dancing on the counter.

I recognised the white dress that had stolen my breath just few hours earlier. It was Sophia, swaying her hips to a song while a crowd of men was gathered around them, their eyes fixated on her.

Her sultry expression told me that she was drunk. She brought her hands to her body and then trailed her fingers down her tantalising curves, earning few groans from the crowd.

Fuck.

I brought my eyes back to my glass because I couldn't afford to feel attracted to her. Being roommates, sexual tension is the last thing I wanted in our relationships, all my crude jokes aside.

"Wow, the one in black is cute." Greg commented, pointing towards Tessa.

"No, she isn't my type. But the one in that little white dress, damn." Corey added.

"You are getting married, jerk." I groaned and all five pair of eyes shifted to me as if I had grown two heads. Beside me, James' mouth curved into a smirk at my reaction and I gave him a sour look.

I couldn't understand people like Corey. If they couldn't control their dicks around the other women then what was the point of getting married? I may be a manwhore right now--- according to some women--- but the day I settle with a girl, she will be the only one for me from that day onwards.

I was busy cursing Corey under my breath when I heard loud cheering voices from the crowd.

My head turned to the dancing figure of Sophia and my eyes widened into saucers when I found her stripping. Her hands were curved around the neckline of her dress and she was tugging it downwards, while the rest of the crowd was screaming, "Strip, Strip, Strip."

"You gotta be kidding me," I groaned and then rushed toward her. Few people pushed me away as I made way through the sweaty bodies.

Somehow I managed to reach her despite the over-enthusiastic audience ready to tear me into pieces. Once I neared the counter, I gripped her legs and threw her on my shoulder, earning few colorful curses from the eager spectators.

Ignoring the boos from the drunken crowd and the weak push from Sophia, I took her into the ladies' restroom and lay her down on the counter.

She opened her eyes to narrowed slits and looked around. "Why is the bathroom spinning?" she muttered in confusion while I figured out what to do with her.

Trying my best not to come in contact with her chest covered in a strapless bra, I tugged her neckline back to its original position. She muttered some incomprehensible words under her breath while her body limply rested on me.

Picking up in my arms again, I took her out of the club to my car and settled her inside. Once I sat in the driver's seat, I started the car.

She was still speaking gibberish in a foreign language. It would be a lie if I say that I didn't caught few glances at her. After all, I wasn't exactly sober myself and her beautiful face and attractive body didn't help either.

No. It's Sophia, dude. Your annoying, uptight and rude roommate.

"Noah!" she called my name, finally using understandable words. "Remember the last time I was drunk?" she reminded me with a toothy grin.

The corners of my mouth lifted upwards as I remembered the little I could of that night. I remember worshipping her body from head to toe and hearing her moan my name again and again; the thought enough to make me sweat harder.

"That was a mistake, Stone." I muttered dryly and she pouted.

"You know what?" she added and then took a long pause before speaking further. "I had always wondered... how it would feel... to spend the night with you. I wish I remembered."

Her words caused me to let out a brief chuckle. "You are something else, Sophia." I turned to give her a once-over.

"And you're a... manwhore." she retorted, sticking her tongue out.

Then her words changed into gibberish again and by the time we reached the apartment, she was asleep.

I carried her in my arms to the apartment, which proved a rather difficult task considering the elevator was not working at this moment. At last, I finally succeeded in bringing her safely to her bed. After tucking her in and taking off her killer heels, I covered her with a duvet.

I was about to turn off the lights and leave when her voice reached my ears. "Do you think I have a chance with Alaric?" She was propped up from the bed with the help of her elbows.

I stared at her smudged make-up, her silky hair, her glowing skin peeking from under the duvet and it bothered me more. That imbecile was taking her for granted when she was clearly crushing hard over him. It was not a piece of cake to find someone who would love you, despite all your imperfections.

"No," I said honestly and the corners of his lips drooped. "I think you are too good for him."

She stared at me deeply for a moment. Her expression remained blank as she rested her head back to the pillow and shut her eyes. I turned the lights off and then left her room.

________________________

I really enjoy reading your comments so please make sure to comment on the chapters.