Chapter No. 44

Noah

I kept my eyes on Sophia as she talked to Davina. I knew she had a charming personality and she knows how to leave a mark on people but I still was getting anxious. I really wanted to see her happy and working as a waitress doesn't make her happy.

After their small conversation was over, Sophia turned to me, her expressions incomprehensible. My stomach churned in anxiety as she slowly made her towards me and when she finally reached me, she jumped on me and wrapped her arms around me.

"She asked me to come meet her on Wednesday," she said, excitement clear from her voice. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," she exclaimed, still clung to me.

"Great," I stayed, patting her back with my hand, pleased at her excitement.

Her hair smelled nice so I lowered my head and took a sniff, which happened to get noticed by a dear friend of mine. In return, James cleared his throat and passed me a I-told-you-so smirk.

Giving him a hard look, I parted from Sophia who was still in the after-effects of the good news. "I can't believe, she actually said she would love to hire me and train me as a stylist."

"You deserve that, Stone." I said, rubbing my hand against her bare arm.

"Still, it couldn't be possible without you. Thanks for doing that for me." she said and I smiled.

Anything for you.

"Come on, let's celebrate this." I said and pulled her to the dance floor where many couples were dancing.

We went to a corner and I snaked my arms around her waist. She stepped closer to me, her eyes zoomed into mine. Her eyes were glowing right now, because of how happy she was. Soon, I will leave and won't be able to see her smile daily and that thought was messing me up.

We started to move with the rhythm, her feet moving along mine and her scent filling the air around me. Her skin under my hand radiated warmth, even through the stuff of her top. It reminded me of the nights I spent with her, kissing her, worshipping her warm body. She was always warm, her skin smelled like vanilla and honey.

The expression in her eyes changed, something like longing appeared in her brown orbs. And I knew this because I have seen that look before, when I was with her, more specifically inside her.

I focused my eyes away from her face, on her hair, her shiny brown hair. But once again, it reminded me of our closeness, when she was lying on her back, her hair sprawled on the white bedsheet as I left my marks on her body.

'You, my dear friend, are screwed.' A voice in my head said.

'Don't you think I know that,' I replied to that irritating voice.

We were close, so close that our fronts were glued to each other. We were oblivious to our surroundings, not caring we were in many people. My hands lowered from her waist and I circled my palms around her butt, pulling her lower body closer to mine.

I observed closely when her breath hitched and her lips slowly parted. Bright red color coated her cheeks and she gulped. Thankfully, the lights on the dance floor were dim at that moment.

"Noah," she whispered, closing her eyes so her eyelashes were now resting on her high cheekbones.

"Sophia," I whispered back in her ear and then darted my tongue out to slowly lick her earlobe. She visibly shivered in my hold and her grip around my arm tightened.

Suddenly, every one stopped dancing and that's when I realised that everybody was going to listen to the speech by the CEO.

I passed Sophia a look, and judging by her expression, I knew she understood it. Lacing our fingers, she walked towards the entrance out of the building and made way towards the parking lot.

After some two or three minutes of walking through the enormous place, we finally reached our car and leaving every bit of patience behind, I pinned her to the car and kissed her, hard.

She eagerly responded to the flicks of my tongue, her harsh breathing in sync with mine. My other hand reached the hem of her top and slid inside, feeling her soft skin against my rough hand. My other hand rested on her nape, angling her neck to deepen the kiss.

While doing so, I felt her hands on the buckle of my jeans, attempting to open it. Not wanting to give everybody a free show, I parted for a moment and slid in the backseat of the car, pulling her on top of me.

Our lips once again clung to each other, sucking, licking, biting. The inside of the car filled with my groans as her hand teased me down there, without actually touching me. She then separated her lips from my mouth and I growled at the loss.

"Patience, Brown," she said, her eyes dilated and her forehead covered with sweat.

"Wait," I said when she started kissing my neck, stopping her for a moment.

"What?" she asked, furrowing her brows.

"Why?" I asked in a desperate tone, my voice thick with different emotions. "Why can't we be together?"

Her face paled at this and she looked away. It was the wrong time for this topic but ironically, there couldn't be a better time for this.

"Why Sophia?" I asked again.

"Can't you see?" she responded in a frustrated tone. "For the first time in my life, I actually feel different about you, good different. I finally consider you a good person and my good friend, instead of a shallow manwhore. But you know what will happen if we are together? One day or next, one of us will mess up. Because that's who we are. And after that, we will never talk again. Do you want that?" she said and I saw the pained look in her eyes.

"But-"

"Besides, we are at different places right now. We both are finding each other and there is no time for anything serious right now. You are leaving after four days and who knows what the future hold for you in California." she took a long sigh after finishing the sentence.

I chuckled at this and threw my head back. "You know what? These issues aren't the actual issues, Sophia. You are just afraid of commitment because of Alaric and every other fucking loser in your past." My voice was filled with accusation.

Anger flicked inside her eyes at this and she gritted, "Do you want to do this or not?" Her hand still resting on my crotch.

I wanted to, I really did, but I wanted more. I wanted to wake up next to her, I wanted to be able to hold her whenever I want, I wanted to take her on dates and dinner, I wanted to give her the world. Just fucking was not enough for me, I wanted to make love to her.

"Not like this," I said, sliding her hand away. "I don't want any more meaningless hookups with you."

Her jaw hardened at this and she punched her fist on my thigh before separating herself from me.

"Sophia," I said but she didn't listen and walked out of the car.

"Sophia listen," I said and rushed behind her as she ran towards the road and waved her hand for a cab.

"Sophia-"

"Don't." she spat, rage filled eyes glaring at me. "Just get the hell out of this place as soon as possible and leave me the fuck alone."

Her face was flushed, her hair tangled, a hint of moisture in her eyes. She was really angry at that moment and I knew better than poke the angry beast one more time. So I backed away and watched her carefully as she hired a cab.

I noted the number of cab in my mind for her safety and then made my way back to my car. Slumping inside the driving seat, I let out a groan and cursed myself for being a dick to her.

But I had to do this. Otherwise, sooner or later, she will break my heart in million pieces and I won't be able to do anything.

____________________________

Only four or five chapters are left.