Chapter No. 38

Sophia

"Is it done?" I asked Noah who was so diligently working on his laptop to assemble all the clips and create my first video.

"Not yet." he said and I continued racing left to right in the living room impatiently.

It was about 6 in the evening now. We have been working on it since the morning. At first, we shot the introductory sequence in the video, which we got right after some twenty shots.

Then one by one, I modeled in each of the outfit. It was difficult because I didn't know how to pose. One thing I hated about me was that I was not photogenic at all. I could wear the best of clothes and look the hottest but I would end up looking like a potato in the pictures. But after many failed attempts, we finally got it right.

Now, Noah has been working on the video for the past two hours. After every five minutes, I would ask him if it was ready and he would ask me to wait some more. His ocean blue eyes were set on the screen, his fingers moving on the keypad effortlessly. Watching him this focused on something, it's embarrassing to admit but it was kind of turning me on. But at the end, the impatience dominated the horny feeling.

"Is it done?" I asked again.

"Not yet," he replied and I pouted in response.

"How long will it take?" I asked, tapping my feet on the floor.

"You know what? You're breaking my concentration. I will complete it in my bedroom." he said and stood up.

"No. Please, I'll be silent this time, Noah." I requested but he shook his head in no.

"You said that last time." he narrowed his eyes. "I need some alone time to design this."

"Fine," I huffed. "Do you need some lotion and tissues too?" I mocked behind him and he showed me the middle finger before going into his room.

'Idiot' I chuckled. He was working really hard for me and it was really nice of him. Throughout the high-school, I always thought of him as someone who is so vain and shallow that he could never think about someone else. But now, after staying with him for more than three months, I had realised that he was the best person to be friends with.

I tried to think of a way of thanking him by doing something he liked. Well, he liked two things the most in the world; sex and food. I could either strip for him or I could cook something for him. I chose the latter option and went into the kitchen.

I wanted to put serious effort for him, like he was doing for me. So I checked in the food magazine and stopped at the recipe of chocolate chip cookies.

It looked easier to make so I assembled all the ingredients I needed. Wearing the apron, I started baking the cookies for the first time in my life and prayed to God that I won't end up embarrassing myself.

...........

Once the timer stopped, I pulled out the tray from the oven. The aroma of chocolate filled the kitchen and I inhaled to savour the smell. They were really hot so I carefully served them into the plate.

I was about to taste one when the door to Noah's room opened. Forgetting about the cookies, I rushed into the living room where Noah was sitting.

"It's ready," he said and starts the video.

I seated beside him and gripped the hem of my top in agitation. The video played and it took me off guard. With Noah's skills, it looked nothing like the clips we made. Instead, it was organised like a professional video and the quality was really good.

I could see the nervousness on my face when I talked in the beginning of the video. Then one by one, I wore each outfit and modeled in them; stating the places or websites where the viewers could buy these in cheap rates.

"I have created your account and uploaded it. Plus, I'll create a website for you tomorrow where you could put all the information about you and your styling and write some blogs." he said once the whole 8 minute video ended, while I was still staring at the screen with open mouth.

"That is... amazing." I whispered. "Thank you," I said to Noah who grinned in return. All my instincts told me to hug him tightly but I controlled the urge and went to the kitchen to bring the cookies for him.

"Here, as a thanks." I shrugged. His eyes switched between the plate and my face and he smirked.

"Why thank you, Miss." he said and picked up one cookie. Excited to see his reaction, I watched him as he took a bite and his face contorted. The wave of nausea that passed through his face could be easily seen.

"Um... This... Not... Not bad." he said, obviously lying.

"Is it that bad?" I asked and took one bite. The taste of salt filled my mouth and I dashed into the kitchen to spit it out.

"How much salt did you add?" he asked.

"Um... One spoon?" I answered.

"This spoon?" he lifted the large spoon in his hand, a teasing smirk on his lips. I nodded and he burst out laughing, "It is a measuring cup, silly."

I pouted in grief at the waste of all my hard work but couldn't resist his contagious smile for long. So in the end, I ended up laughing too.

..........

Due to no food available in our apartment and the messed-up cookies, we ended up in a small cafe near our building. The waitress came to take our order and I saw her passing a flirty smile to Noah. Girls like her were the reason why people thought every waitress is flirty and that caused me to seethe at her.

"What?" Noah asked when he found me throwing daggers at her back.

"Don't tell me you didn't notice how she was flirting with you." I said and a smirk appeared on his lips.

"And that upsets you?" he raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah, right. Why would that upset me?" I rolled my eyes and leaned back into my seat.

"I don't know. You tell me," he crossed his arms in front of his chest and his biceps bulged out.

"Keep on dreaming, Brown." I said.

"Oh I will, Stone." he replied, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

The waitress soon returned with our food that was one cheeseburger with loaded fries and coke each. As usual, Noah devoured his food before I could even eat the half of mine, and then he helped me finish my fries. I swear I haven't figured it out how he stays fit even after eating like a hippo.

After paying the bill, we walked back to our building. Chill breeze was ruffling our hair as we both walked side by side, our arms brushing against each other. He even lent me his jacket after noticing how I was rubbing my arm because of cold.

We sat on the stairs of out building for few minutes, relishing in the cold and talked to each other about our preoccupation of next day. He told me about this guy James that he had forced into being his temporary best friend and I told him about the rude boss and arrogant chefs in the cafe where I worked. Talking to him, laughing with him, it felt good.

It felt like I was getting used to him and I didn't know what I would do once he would leave after two months. With every passing day, I was seeing a different version of Noah and I was scared of how much I was liking each and every one of those versions.

FML.

__________________________

Follow me on instagram @me_mahu12