Chapter No. 25

Sophia

The next morning, I woke up earlier than my usual time and was surprised when I didn't find Noah in the living room. The room to his door was locked from inside and no voice could be heard.

He usually wakes up before the sunrise so why wasn't he awake yet? Wait, did he sleep with that bitch? No, he shouldn't.

While I was still stressing over the possibility of them sleeping together, the door to his room opened and he walked out with a sleepy face.

"Good morning," he said, his sleepy voice sounded unusual deep. His usually styled hair was messily hanging over his forehead; the dark brown locks looked teasingly soft.

"Good morning," I answered and tried to figure out whether he slept with or not.

"How was your night?" I asked, trying my best not to sound too curious.

"Why?" he asked in confusion.

"Um... Well... You woke up late." I shrugged.

"Yeah, we slept late." he said.

A bitter feeling arose in my stomach at hearing this and I further asked, "We?" I knew I had no right to ask whom he slept with but still, I should warn her about her possible future girlfriend.

"Emma and I," he said and walked past me to the kitchen. I followed him inside and watched him as he prepared coffee for him.

"Oh Emma... So, did you sleep with her yet?" I asked, fighting the urge to roll my eyes at her name.

At this, he turned to look at me and smirked. "Why? Does that bother you?"

"No!" I shouted almost immediately that made him grin harder.

"Well, in that case, no. We just talked on phone till late." he said and relief washed over me.

"Oh." I said.

"So do you like her or not?"

"Honestly?" I asked. I wanted to tell him that I didn't like her at all but I couldn't do that to him. He was serious about Emma and I didn't feel like ruining it for him. "Well, she is nice. I didn't get to talk to her much."

"I know, right." he said and walked past me to his room. I let out a deep sigh once I watched him leave.

...........

It was just like any other day in the cafe. I handled few customers, gossiped with Tessa, flirted with Alaric when he came and spent the free day thinking about Noah. I didn't understand why his relation with Emma was stressing me out. It was not like I liked him or anything then why couldn't accept it.

The day started normal but didn't end like it because just before my shift ended, a certain man walked inside whose sight was enough to make my mind froze.

I gulped when I saw him walking towards the counter with a serious look on his face.

"What are you doing here," I asked. "Dad!"

"So you left Stanford for this place?" Dad said as he cast a critical glance all over. He was a materialistic man who never looked past the monetary value of placed or things.