Chapter 3

"Come in now, Siyeon!" Dami opens her office door and steps out, wearing a pinstriped navy-blue suit.

"What do you want to see me about? Is it a mission?"

"It's your first and longest mission." She nods. "You'll be carrying out other missions while this one is ongoing."

Dami steps back through the doorway without further explanation and Siyeon follows her into the room.

A person is already sits in front of Dami's desk and this surprises her, but she doesn't let it show in her expression.

Dami sits down beside her desk, inviting Siyeon to do the same, next to the stranger.

As she sits, her eyes flick to look at the girl beside her, noting her deep purple hair graduating into light blue at the airy tips. She didn't look much older than herself.

Her pale features also stand out, particularly her nose and lips, but she can't stop her eyes lingering on her cherry red lips before moving back at Dami with a clearing of her throat.

"Lee Siyeon, this is Kim SuA. Greet each other."

Siyeon faces SuA, who stands and bows. "Hello. My name is Kim SuA! I am a new Trainee Assassin here."

Her cold eyes betray impatience, contrasting to her bright acting. Clearly the girl was able to hide things easily.

Siyeon nods and blinks before doing a sitting bow. "Hi. My name is Lee Siyeon. I'm a Junior Assassin here.

SuA's eyes flash colder at her lazy and informal greeting and she sits back down, casting a distasteful eye towards Siyeon.

Dami beams at them. "Well, we have that done. Let's get into the real business."

Siyeon leans back comfortably in the black plastic chair and crosses her arms.

SuA sits stiff-backed, her hands folded neatly on her lap.

"Siyeon is on the way to becoming a Senior Assassin." Dami starts, making the rank seem more mysterious. "One of her missions is to coach a trainee until they complete their training period to become a Rookie Assassin. I have selected you, SuA, since you are our most recent addition to be Siyeon's trainee.

SuA smiles tightly and seems to mutter something under her breath, sounding much similar to a curse.

She frowns at the quietly insolent girl but listens to Dami.

"Starting tomorrow, you will training SuA in the art of assassination. I have printed your lesson plan out and put it in your cubbyhole. I've already explained most things to SuA, so if you have a question, ask Siyeon. I'm sure she'll be willing to help."

"Right." SuA starts. "Where will I be living? I don't exactly have a place to stay." Her voice is low and rich, sounding bossy.

"Yes, I've already sorted that out. You will be living with Siyeon."

It takes a moment for the words to hit both of them.

"What?" Siyeon exclaims.

Even SuA's eyes widen and her lip curls in mild disgust.

"It would be best so that you two can bond. It's perfect." Dami looks each of them in the eyes. "You may not be each other's biggest fans right now, but give each other a chance, and your personalities may not be as bad as they seem right now."

"Sure." Siyeon refrains from rolling her eyes, but makes it known to Dami that she's unwilling.

She finally looks sternly at Siyeon. "I hope you decided to become more mature about this. You can't be a Senior Assassin with an attitude like this."

SuA snorts quietly and looks away with a sly smile.

Dami's glaze flicks to SuA. "I want maturity from both of you girls. You're the same age as each other, so act like it! Your first training session will be tomorrow at five in Self-Defence Studio Three."

"Yes, Madam." Siyeon lowers her head.

"Now why don't you head home together? I've already sent your luggage there, SuA."

***

"Where do you live then." SuA asks politely as they sit on the bus.

"A flat." Siyeon replies shortly. "It takes about half an hour to get there."

"Oh. Sounds nice." There was no emotion in her voice and she looks away out of the window.

Conversation over.

Half an hour later, the bus stops and they leave.

Siyeon decides to try at conversation and give the haughty girl a slight chance at redeeming herself. "So where are you from?"

"Changwon."

"Did you move here recently?"

"Arrived yesterday."

"Where did you stay overnight?"

"At Dami's. She said she was sorting a place for me to stay. Didn't know it was going to be with such a passive-aggressive person."

"Hey!" Siyeon protests. "That is not fair, you cold-ass--" She stops herself before she regrets anything. "Sorry, I didn't mean that."

"Well, I meant what I said. If training me is one of your missions, you better do it well and drop that stupid attitude!" Her voice rises as Siyeon takes her into the lift to her floor, keeping quiet through her insult.

But she was not going to let SuA trample all over her. The girl will obey her if they were to get on.

Siyeon unlocks the door to her flat. "Here we are, home sweet home." Siyeon smiles snarkily at SuA and steps inside. "Oh look. Dami's put a bed for you in the spare room. Thank goodness you're not sharing one with me."

"Oh yes." She says neutrally.

"This is the bathroom, the kitchen, my room. It's pretty small."

"Cool."

"I have some ground rules for you, seeing it's my place you're staying at."

"Uh-huh."

"Get your own meals, so that means buying your own ingredients, etcetera. Just for tonight, I'll make dinner to be nice. Keep the noise low in the flat because I don't want neighbours complaining. Talk to me if you want, but don't be fucking snarky and piss me off."

"Doesn't seem to take much to piss you off." SuA jokes.

"And be polite to me. I am your superior, so you should respect me."

"If you say so." She yawns. "Is that it?"

A/N:
Hope everyone has a nice day.