Chapter 4

That afternoon, Siyeon leads SuA into Self-Defence Studio Three, a vast room with a high ceiling. The floor and walls are padded, allowing for brutal actions without serious injury. If you didn't want the extreme safety, self-defence studio one (For Senior agents only) was apparently 'awesome'.

Already training in the room are two of Siyeon's colleagues, JiU and Gahyeon.

JiU throws a hook punch at Gahyeon as she shoulders her in the gut and wraps her arms around her waist, taking them both to the ground. They look up together once they notice Siyeon and SuA.

"Oh hey!" JiU grins and pushes Gahyeon off herself so that she can stand and walks towards them. "Is this a new assassin?" She offers her hand out to SuA, who takes it.

"My name's Kim SuA."

"SuA, huh? I'm Gahyeon and that's JiU." Gahyeon comes up from behind as Siyeon steps away, walking towards the supply cupboard.

Inside, she takes out a foam baseball bat, considers the knife, but steps back out again without taking it.

She may not like the girl, but attacking her with a foam knife wasn't exactly the best way to start training on a good note.

When she returns to SuA, the other two have gone back to grappling on the floor. SuA watches them, her face paler with worry.

"Scared for our first training session?" Siyeon grins, resting the baseball bat on her shoulder.

"Not at all!" She fires back defensively, her eyes daring her to reply.

"If you say so." She shrugs. "Let me give you the rundown of what we'll be doing here today." Siyeon moves to the centre of the room. "I will be attacking you with this bat. Don't stress, it's made out of foam. And you have to repel me in any way you think works. Understand?"

"Yes."

"Do you have any experience in self-defence?"

"I took some classes in it a few y--"

"Great. So try your best with the three minute round we'll be doing this for. And remember, fight dirty, but no eye-gouging and pelvic hitting. Understand?" She smirks in anticipation and takes the bat in both hands. The girl has practically no experience, so she isn't expecting much.

"Go!" She starts her stopwatch and chucks it to the ground, rushing at SuA.

SuA freezes and her eyes widen as Siyeon takes her legs out from beneath her with the bat and she flops to the floor like a rag-doll.

A smile pulls Siyeon's lips back. Is that it?" She taunts mockingly, hoping to rile SuA up to make her try harder.

The girl gets to her feet and Siyeon swings again with the bat, albeit a little slower. SuA ducks as the bat glances off her head and slams a fist into Siyeon's gut.

"Ooh!" Siyeon beams at her, barely reacting to the strike. "No power and no technique, but good-going. Come on!"

She tries to punch her in the middle again, but Siyeon catches her wrist with the bat to block the strike and hits her in the stomach with her other fist.

SuA yelps and stumbles back. Siyeon advances, dropping the bat.

It is time to see how she did with grappling.

She rugby-tackles SuA to the floor as the air rushes out from her lungs and pins her body to the floor.

"Come on, get up!" She yells as SuA's body bucks under Siyeon's weight. "You're not trying hard enough!"

"Fuck you!" She slaps Siyeon in the face, hard enough for dizziness to weaken her muscles and SuA starts to slip out from underneath with gritted teeth.