Chapter 25

...SuA.

SuA?

SuA...attacked her?

SuA isn't on her side?

SuA...betrayed me.

As Siyeon comes to, anger rages through her head, all directed on SuA. It would have all gone right if SuA hadn't double-crossed her.

Laced with that anger is throbbing pain, piercing through her temples and skull. She becomes aware that her body doesn't feel restricted, but there are vices of something hard around both of her wrists, held above her tightly.

She cracks her eyes open, the action made harder by the caked blood over her eyelids and face.

Her wrists are suspended above her in tight buckles and are the only things holding her up. Siyeon stands weakly and leans against the wall as she feels momentarily faint, the room spinning a little.

Her eyes search the room in front of her. There are only two other people in the room and neither of them are Yoohyeon.

"Where is Yoohyeon?" She demands hoarsely and clears her throat as she glares aggressively at SuA.

SuA shrinks from her gaze and moves further behind Handong, who wraps an arm around her shoulders.

Handong answers. "My people are returning her to her home as we speak. She's served her purpose to us. We can trust her not to spill anything."

Siyeon is silently relieved that Yoohyeon was going to safe, but doesn't allow her relief to cross her face, instead continuing to regard them both coolly.

"It's taken a while to finally get you. Five years, isn't it?" Handong continues. "You were never my immediate priority, but as you started to take out people important to me and my organisation...I realised that you needed to go."

"You could have just had one of your assassins kill me." Siyeon returns with a scowl. "That wouldn't have taken as long as this."

"But what is the fun in that? You wouldn't have known that I was the one who had you killed. So I chose the perfect person to act in my play." She stands SuA in front of her forcefully. "Kim SuA."

"You were always working for her?" Siyeon asks SuA as her heart tears in expectation of her answer.

"...Yes." She admits shamefully.

"Did you ever really like me?" Siyeon demands spitefully. "Or was that an act as well?"

"No! I really did! Siyeon, please..."

"That's enough." Handong stops her and pushes her out of the way. "Today will end with your death." She warns.

"So fucking kill me then."

"Soon enough that will happen." Handong walks closer until she's only inches away. "Your ancestors were assassins as well as your parents."

"So you want to get rid of my 'bloodline'?" Siyeon interjects angrily. "Wipe me out and you'll be happy? That's very original."

"Yes." She admits, her head tilting. "It's the easiest thing to make me feel safer. You're a very dangerous person, Siyeon."

"You'll kill someone just to feel safe?" Her lip curls.

"Of course. SuA, come here."

SuA moves to stand next to Handong, her eyes avoiding Siyeon.

Handong takes a knife out of its sheath on her belt and hands it to SuA. "You're going to be the one to do it."

SuA stares at the knife as if it's her worst fear and gulps as she takes the handle.

Siyeon's eyes also watch the knife, the sinking feeling in her gut telling her that something bad was going to happen. Very soon.

Tears trickle down SuA's pale cheeks as she takes the knife in both hands, her eyes staring at Siyeon's chest while she steps closer.

"I'm sorry." She mumbles.

"I hate you." Siyeon seethes with venom as SuA's arms rear in the air before plunging the knife deep into Siyeon's chest.

Her body spasms and she cries out as pained warmth floods her body. Her legs buckle beneath her and she can already feel the life ebbing out of her rapidly.

She doesn't want to die.

"I don't...want to die." She murmurs and her head falls forward as she faints from the shock.

"Is she alive, SuA?" Handong asks. "Check."

SuA's hands feel at Siyeon's blood-splattered throat for her pulse and draws back quickly. "I-I can't feel anything." She cries desperately.

"Well done." Handong congratulates, immune to the horror. "You've made me proud."

"What...what are we doing with her body?"

"Dump it somewhere. It doesn't matter. She's dead."

A/N:
So...how we feeling about this chapter? haha

In my life, the great old prime minister has announced lockdown. blergh Then again, not like I left the house much anyway.

And I thought I left my very important memory stick with all my college work on at college (as it's shut down)  and was freaking out for a lot of yesterday lol...But I found it by my alarm clock lol

For college, I still have to send work to teachers because our lovely important exams have been cancelled, so our grades will be decided by teacher judgement and mock exams. Just wonderful

Lol sorry if I ranted on too much but

Hope you have a good day and stay safe and indoors.