Chapter 27

"She's awake!" JiU runs into their bedroom, clutching her phone.

"Who? Siyeon?" Gahyeon looks up from the computer, where she is looking up recipes for dinner that night.

"Yes!" JiU flings open her cupboard and rustles through her clothing to find something more presentable. "I'm going to see her now, you coming?"

"Of course." Gahyeon turns the computer off and stands. "Do you know anything more other than that she's awake?"

JiU puts on a pink floral shirt and buttons it up. "Nope. The doctors are running tests right now before we visit her. The company heads want us to go and visit her because we're the closest to Siyeon."

"Are you suggesting that we'll be questioning her about what happened?"

"Exactly." JiU tightens her belt loop. "You ready?"

***

Before they enter Siyeon's private room, they speak with her doctor.

"How is she at the moment, sir?" JiU asks politely.

The older man clears his throat before replying. "She's stable at the moment and we have given her some painkillers to numb the pain. She is able to speak clearly and her sight is fine."

"Great, thank you, sir." JiU smiles in relief. "May we see her now?"

"Yes, of course. The patient will likely tire easily, so do not stay too long."

The girls enter the room and walk to Siyeon's bedside.

She blinks up at them sleepily. "JiU and Gahyeon." She identifies them in a quiet voice, rough from not speaking for a while.

"Siyeon." JiU starts the mood lightly by taking Siyeon's limp hand as if they were doing a handshake. "How are you?"

She cracks a lazy smile. "Pretty drugged up."

Gahyeon laughs lightly and sits with JiU, taking Siyeon's other hand in her own. "We're glad you're awake. We've been really worried about you."

Her smile falters as the mood changes. "This is when you drop all the bombshells, isn't it?"

"...Dami is dead." JiU tells her first. Siyeon sucks in a breath and her eyes look to the ceiling. "We found her body at her home. She was murdered by a woman."

"It must have been Handong." Siyeon says as her gaze travels back to the two. "I...had a feeling she wasn't here anymore." She says to herself, remembering the oddly vivid dream about SuA.

"Handong?"

"I'll explain, but you two look like you have more dooming things to say to me first."

"Erm, SuA's gone missing. But the only good thing, I guess, is that Yoohyeon is safe and sound. We've been going to see her a lot, these past weeks."

"Yoohyeon's safe?" Siyeon sighs in relief, ignoring what they first said.

JiU and Gahyeon meet eyes suspiciously before they look back at Siyeon, who watches them.

"Do you want to tell us what happened?"

"Sure." Anger floods into Siyeon's voice that she struggles to raze. "I got sent an email from 'Dami', detailing a mission to rescue Yoohyeon in which SuA and I would be completing. When was Dami killed?"

"Several hours before you were found."

"So someone posed as Dami using her email account. Then we went to the location, I picked the lock and SuA had thermal goggles, which she used to identify that there was someone a couple of floors above."