Chapter 26

Before the two girls Dami's grave stands, a modest granite headstone topping the stone box over her coffin, buried deep into the ground.

Yet Dami's name on the headstone read 'Lee Yubin', a name they had never heard in reference to their boss.

"Did we even really know her?" Gahyeon questions, her eyes staring hard into the engraving. "We didn't even know that 'Dami' wasn't her real name."

"We don't have to know her real name to know who she really was. She was...a great leader to us, Gahyeon."

The grey sky is clouded over and their expressions are sombre as they continue to stare in silent disbelief at the grave.

"Do you know exactly what happened to her?" Gahyeon asks quietly. "I heard you saw the camera footage."

"She was murdered." JiU says, stating the almost-obvious. "The camera recorded everything. It seems she had it put in place in case anything happened...and it did."

"Everything?"

She nods grimly.

"It was a woman who murdered her. They talked and then attacked each other. Then she stabbed Dami. Or Yubin."

"Oh my God..." She breathes, though her tone isn't shocked more saddened.

"But the woman was talking to Dami and holding her in her arms. They must have known each other."

"Perhaps they did. She was probably one of Dami's enemies that caught up to her." Gahyeon reasons. "In the time that she's been operating, I'm sure she's made plenty of them."

"True." JiU accepts. "But I think it wasn't a coincidence that Dami dies and then Siyeon is found on a street in a coma."

Gahyeon winces. "Yeah. Speaking of Siyeon, how is she?"

"Still asleep." She sighs. "The doctors aren't sure of the extent of damages that her injuries have had on her. She hasn't woken at all since we found her three weeks ago."

"What was it? A stab wound in the chest?"

"That's right. Thankfully, it didn't go anywhere near her heart, but it's caused a lot of damage to her internal organs."

Gahyeon's face turns more miserable. "Things have really gone wrong haven't they? Coupled with those two incidents, SuA has disappeared. The last image on CCTV we have of her is when she leaves the flat with Siyeon." She snuggles deeper into her coat.

"Do you think SuA did that to--"

"Of course not." Gahyeon denies vehemently. "She doesn't seem like a person who could do that so coldly."

***

Now that Dami was no longer running the company, the four heads of department jointly took over running the company. They arranged missions, spoke with contacts and learnt to handle many other things that no one realised Dami managed to keep the company running smoothly.

***

Siyeon wakes, her wrists bound to the wall by leather buckled loops. Her eyes traverse the room and she recognises the place that her dream has made.

The single person on the other side of the room turns and walks without hesitation towards her.

"SuA." Siyeon shouts at her.

SuA doesn't reply, only stopping when she's a few metres away. Her eyes are blank, but a smile is on her face.

"Fucking answer me." She demands.

"Angry at my betrayal?" She asks with a grin, though her eyes remain disturbingly dead and pale.

"What do you think?" She retorts and shakes the cuffs in an attempt to loosen them.

"It was a pleasure to deceive you all this time. I acted the way I did at the start to draw you in, to make me curious about me, to want to know me."

"Oh, shut up. Are you here just to gloat?" Her lip curls. "Fuck off if you are!"

"I'm here to say that I never liked you, not a word I said. It was all false." She walks forward to sneer in her face.

Siyeon takes the chance to slam her leg out into her belly.

SuA flops backwards to the ground, not seeming aggravated by the aattack. Instead she just brushes herself off as she stands. "You angry?" She taunts, waiting for her to answer. 

When Siyeon doesn't, instead staring deeply at her cold eyes, she starts to talk again. "And that sob story about my parents? That was false as well. I needed it to draw you in and make you sympathise with me. 'The poor girl lost her parents, I lost mine as well'." SuA mocks Siyeon's voice and takes a knife out. "Hmm?"

"You're lying. You're just saying all these things to make me mad."

"You think? Take a look at yourself, Siyeon." SuA comes forward again, but with a wave of her hand, Siyeon's legs are secured to the wall and she can't fight back.

"I'm just voicing your thoughts, your suspicions, all those little niggling feelings." SuA draws the cold point of the knife along one of Siyeon's pale arms. "You knew something was wrong about me when I joined the company, didn't you?"

"...Yes." She admits.

"See? We're getting somewhere!" She digs the point deep into her flesh and draws down, but Siyeon can't feel anything apart from the warmth of her body.

"But you ignored it to focus on teaching me because I was the path to getting the promotion you desperately wanted."

"Yes. I was blinded by my ambition."

"I agree completely." SuA takes the blade out and moves it to the other arm as blood pours down Siyeon's other arm, soaking her clothes.

"Why did Dami hire you? If I felt something was off, then surely she did."

"She hoped to change me. To encourage me to join the 'good' side. And look where that got her."

"It was Handong that killed her, not her decision to let you enter the company."

"Things only went downhill from that moment, didn't they? And you know what? I was the one who told Handong how to find Yoohyeon."

"How? I never told you anything!"

"But you told me about a club she attended. All I had to do was get someone to follow her home from that club and then tell Handong."

Siyeon's face falls. "So everything was a trick?"

"It was all a farce." She agrees and plunges the knife through her heart.

A/N:
Hello again. Day whatever of lockdown (a week?) and I've already lost track of the days. Almost forgot to upload today lol.

Not much to say apart from that I've started practising digital art to take up spare time haha 

Hope you all have a good day and stay safe.