Chapter 33

"Miss Heejin, Miss Haseul, you both need security. It doesn't matter if you're both accomplished assassins." Siyeon attempts to convince the two Heads as the four of them sit in Dami's old office.

"She's already killed two skilled assassins." Gahyeon adds. "She can do it again, no matter how good you are."

Heejin frowns in discontent. "This woman...She is ruining us!"

They nod quietly.

"Fine. Protection seems like a sound suggestion. We'll arrange something for ourselves."

Siyeon breathes a sigh of relief. "Wonderful. That's the end of our report."

"Thank you both for heading out on short notice. I'll make sure you two are informed of the funeral dates."

***

"Have you done something bad?" Handong asks neutrally as SuA opens the door to her flat and lugs in her shopping bags with one hand.

"O-of course not!" She denies, starting violently as Handong appears from her bedroom. 

How did she get in? Was she snooping? There wasn't anything to find - She got rid of the note with Siyeon's number on days ago.

"Good. I need not remind you to stay loyal to me. You know the consequences."

"Yes, Handong."

Handong takes the bags from her and sets them on the table. The action would be kind in any normal situation, but it just put SuA more on edge.

"I notice you don't talk to the others much."

"I don't know them well. I've spent most of my time undercover."

"Viable point." She accepts with a nod. "But I think you should start to make friends. Perhaps they can help you become stronger. Some of them are very nice." she shrugs and switches on the main lights as if it was an ordinary conversation and SuA wasn't trembling in fear.

When SuA doesn't reply, she walks up to her and lays a strong hand on her shoulder. "You should answer your leader. Or things may not go the way you want, hmm? I really wouldn't want to see you get hurt." Her mouth smiles but her eyes stay fixed on hers.

"Yes, Handong. Sorry, Handong."

"That's okay, SuA. Just keep in mind...I always know where you are." Handong walks past her and out of the door.

Shivers run down SuA's spine and she chokes down unwanted tears before closing the door with a slam.

Her legs collapse beneath her like broken wood and she ends up with her head laying against the door, kneeling on the mat. Her shivers won't stop and gasps of breath come out of her mouth, the worst feeling penetrating her gut again and again without respite.

"She knows." SuA whispers in horror. "She knows. She's going to hurt me..." Her eyes are wide and unblinking. "I never should have agreed to go with her." She curls into herself and sobs quietly, each one hurting her chest as she tries to let them out without loud, scraping breaths so no one knew she was crying. No one but her. She has to keep this to herself. She has to bear the pain alone.

"I can't take this for much longer..." SuA tells herself, knowing she should stay strong.

Siyeon is going to rescue her.

"I don't know how long I can hold on."

***

She checks her watch and walks into the restaurant from the vast car park, immediately grinning at the hovering waitress.