Chapter 35

"You're back. Anything interesting happen today?" Yoohyeon looks up from her laptop as Siyeon enters the flat tiredly.

"Meh." She shrugs. "We had a meeting and I got into a minor disagreement with another Senior."

"Minor?" Yoohyeon notes her exaggeration of the word with a disapproving expression. "Siyeon..."

"Everything's cool!" Siyeon reassures with a beam and sits at the table. She peers around to try and see what Yoohyeon is doing on her laptop.

"Don't worm your way out of it." Yoohyeon swivels the  laptop away from her sight. "You can only see, once you've told me what happened."

"Yoohyeon..." She sulks.

Yoohyeon fixes her with a stern stare.

"Fine, fine." She concedes. "He basically just accused me of being a spy, etc. I got angry, he got angry, shouted at each other. Then made up with hugs and kisses."

"Seriously?"

"Nope. I apologised and he was just like," She imitates Matthew's curt nod and looks away. "Whatever." She rolls her eyes.

"That was a low blow of them." She scowls. "What else happened?"

"We decided to vote for the leaders, but I was an automatically appointed one."

She raises her eyebrows in surprise. "You, a leader?"

"That's me." She flashes a corny grin. "Now can I see your laptop?"

"Sure." She turns it to face Siyeon.

An editing app is open and the picture she's editing is one of Siyeon.

It's night time and Siyeon walks arm-in-arm with Yoohyeon. A camera is looped around Yoohyeon's neck and one hand cradles it gently.

Siyeon inhales the chilly air, enjoying it's freshness after weeks of being cooped up studying for mid-terms.

"Nice night." She comments and squeezes Yoohyeon's arm.

"You don't say." She looks over her shoulder across the light-lit water. Her eyes flash with ideas.

"I can see the cogs turning!" Siyeon jokes and they stop. "What do you want to take a photo of?"

"I was thinking..." She trails off, staring hard at the water below. "If you lean on the railing and look out across the water."

Siyeon does as she says, clasping her hands together and leaning her forearms on the railing. The light hitting the water reflects softly on her face and Yoohyeon nods, taking position a metre or so down the railing from her.

"Smile." She orders after a few clicks of her camera and Siyeon pulls her lips back a little bit, evoking a half-smile that could be seen as wistful in the low light. "Awesome." She murmurs. "Look at me."

Siyeon turns her head and gives her the same smile, eyes staring into the lens as wind whips delicately through her hair.

"Done." Yoohyeon straightens and gives her a thumbs up.

Siyeon stands. "Got some good ones?"

"Hope so." She looks at her phone. "C'mon, let's get to the cinema!" She joins back with Siyeon in burst of energy that never subsides throughout the evening.

"But you took those ages ago."

"I haven't been able to get around to editing them until now. What do you think?"