Special Chapter No. 2

A/N:
Sooooo...quick note: This is the Handong and Dami flashback chapter I promised several chapters ago (don't know if anyone remembers) - It just goes into their past and how they know each other.
And holy shit this chapter is long - 4417 words roughly, so please enjoy!

Dami's phone rang into the darkness, the unpleasant sound blaring through her head. It startled her from Handong's sleeping embrace as the girl rolled off her with a low grunt.

"Who the fuck is that?" Handong moaned while Dami leapt off the bed to find her phone in the mess of their room. Glass bottles, clothes and takeaway boxes littered the floor and available surfaces.

Finally, inside the pizza box from last night, Dami found her vibrating, blaring phone and answered it with fumbling fingers.

"What took you so long to bloody answer?" The rough male voice on the other end growled angrily. "I don't have time for your laziness."

"I was sleeping, Mr Kwon." Dami answered coolly, impatience dripping through her tone.

"Don't you dare take that tone with me, woman. You're late, yet again, on your rent payment."

She took the phone away from her ear with a wince and rolled her eyes at Handong.

The other woman sighed. "That the landlord?"

Dami nodded in answer and returned her ear to the phone, where he was mid-rant.

"--this is the last time I'll let you off being late. Pay up by 7pm tomorrow or you're evicted!"

He hung up abruptly and Dami dropped her phone onto the bed before she put her head in her hands. "However the hell are we going to get the money?"

"Babe..." Handong shuffled up behind to envelope her in a warm hug, wrapping arms around Dami's petite waist. "It's going to be alright.

Dami took Handong's hands in hers silently as she stared into space, still questioning how they would get money they didn't have.

"When are you going to get paid?" Handong questioned quietly as Dami sat in front of her and laid her head back onto Handong's shoulder.

"Monday. But that's way too late."

"I'll get the money." She assured as she put a hand to Dami's cheek and kissed her lips gently, slowly becoming deeper as the two fell back together onto the mattress,

Dami pulled away, looking at Handong in concern as she held her face. "How are you going to get the money? Last time I checked, I was the only one with a job."

"Enough sarcasm, baby." Handong leant forward again, touching lips carefully as she embraced her more tightly. "You really don't need to worry."

The woman managed to roll her eyes with scorn as she reciprocated the kiss. "I'll...trust you." She breathed heavily.

***

Tiredly, Dami stepped out from the bus, her aching feet the only thing on her mind as she plodded up the stairs to the apartment. Though they lived on a high floor, she always preferred to use the stairs, her fear of lifts overriding the amount of walking she had to do each day.

When she opened the front door with usual slowness, the scent of fragrant flowers caught her nose, which she scrunched in confusion.

"That you, Dami babe?" Handong's voice playfully rose as she appeared from the kitchen to sit on the sofa in front of the blaring television.

"You know it is." She dropped her keys in the bowl by the door with a serious expression. "What are we going to do about the money? It's due in a couple of hours."