Chapter 21

"We've had some leads on Yoohyeon's whereabouts." Dami starts once Siyeon is sat.

"Really?" Her eyes light up and her hands grip the chair arms tightly.

"There's rumours on the street she's being held by a gang in Upper S City."

"What will you do?"

In answer, Dami takes a stapled sheet from a draw and puts it on the desk in front of Siyeon. "These are the mission papers."

"Are you giving these to me because...you want me to take part in the mission?" She can barely believe her own words.

"That's right." She nods. "I had a meeting with the heads of departments and we decided that I can trust you to behave professionally."

Siyeon looks closer at the head of the top paper, spying the other assassin on the mission. "I'm doing it with SuA?"

"Is there a problem with that?"

"No, of course not. We work well together."

"Good. You and SuA read this," She taps the papers. "And meet outside of the garage tonight, eleven pm."

"Yes, Miss Dami." Siyeon stands and takes the papers. "I will carry out the mission to the best of my abilities."

"As I expect." A smile passes through her expression. "Don't let your personal feelings cloud your judgement. Take everything carefully."

"Of course, Ma'am." Siyeon assures her as she walks backwards to the door.

***

At eleven, Siyeon and SuA were waiting outside of the building's garage, both dressed in dark clothing.

SuA wears a khaki green hoodie, face mask, black jeans and trainers and Siyeon is dressed in her usual baggy jacket, black t-shirt, loose trousers and boots.

A single person emerges from the garage, driving a red van. He pokes his head out of the window and grins lopsidedly at them. "Everything you need is in the back."

"Thanks, mate." Siyeon adjusts her cap and opens the door to the back of the van to step inside. SuA follows behind.

They close the door and the van starts off again.

Siyeon heads straight for the rack of weapons and ammunition, taking two handguns and slipping one into a harness strapped to her leg and the other into her jacket pocket.

SuA follows her lead silently and straps on a harness around her waist to hold one of the guns. She slips the other into her hoodie pocket, her movements filled with nervous energy, even more than usual.

Siyeon takes SuA's hand and leans into her. "I hope she's there, alive."

"Me too." SuA wraps an arm carefully around the back of her head. "We're going to find her."

"Thank you for that." Siyeon mumbles. "I just need a little comfort to reassure me. I can't help but think of the worst."

"I get that." SuA nods and gently eases Siyeon to the van floor with her as the engine roars and they start off. Though her arms feel strong around her tense body, SuA's still shaking uncontrollably.

"You're nervous." Siyeon notes with a forced laugh and holds her waist, hands slipping under her hoodie and touching her sweating skin.

"You are too." SuA fires back snarkily and flicks her cheek before her hands snake under Siyeon's t-shirt.

"Your hands are cold." Siyeon giggles and quickly goes in for a kiss before the woman could protest.

"So what?" SuA frowns. Her expression quickly clears and she grins. "We can do this."