Chapter 7

Siyeon holds out the rifle to SuA, who takes it suspiciously.

"Do you think you can load it?" She asks simply.

SuA huffs. "You know I can."

"Then do it." Siyeon puts a box of bullets on the table next to her.

SuA draws the bolt back to open the chamber, checking to see if a bullet shell had been left inside. She then loads the magazine below the breach until it's full and pushes the bolt back into place with a click. "Done."

"I told you how we kill, didn't I?"

"The left eye."

"Correct. Try it now."

"Sure."

"Could you just try to be a little respectful?" She asks tightly and rubs her tired eyes. "I'm fed up of you being rude to me when I'm your senior."

"Yes, ma'am." SuA rolls her eyes. "Whatever you say." She ends dismissively and leans down to look through the rifle scope, her body relaxing.

Siyeon's nostrils flare, but she keeps her calm to focus on tutoring SuA.

She finally nods as she watches SuA. Perfect form...but substandard accuracy. She chuckles at that thought.

SuA's body tightens before she fires, striking the neck of the target.

"You distracted me." She complains as she turns.

"Sorry." She replies without feeling. "Try again."

Almost immediately she regrets her callous tone, remembering JiU's words to try and be nicer. Siyeon relaxes her face and sighs at how hard it is to try and socialise.

As she continues to watch SuA aim again, she makes a promise to try and be nicer to the girl.

***

After plenty of practice and many shells littering the floor, SuA finally manages to strike closer to the target point than she had before and Siyeon praises her heavily.

"Not many trainees take to it this quickly."

"Thanks." She acknowledges breezily and pauses, lowering the rifle. "Just a random question. How do you get trainees in this company?"

Siyeon shrugs. "I don't really know. I suppose we have people to look out for solo assassins. But any important ones, Dami seems to find them herself."

"So...I'm important?" SuA seems bemused, as Siyeon secretly is too.

"Yeah. So am I, it seems. Yet I'm not really sure how Dami selects 'important ones'."

"I don't feel to be very 'important', judging by my crap accuracy and fighting skills."

"Accuracy isn't going to be the only thing she likely looks at. You have plenty of passion and...fire. Those are probably some of the qualities Dami sees in you."

SuA looks at Siyeon. "And what did she see in you?"

"A lost little girl who didn't belong, had no family. See, I was only thirteen when she took me in."

"Thirteen? That's pretty young. Were you an assassin at that age?"

"Not before Dami found me." Siyeon's expression becomes a little guarded.

"You've been one for years then. How come you aren't a Senior assassin then?"

"Exactly my question?" Siyeon grumbles. "But Dami said something about protecting my health and youth."