Ch.5 Ditched

Pooja's P.O.V

Ajay and Megha had returned from their honeymoon. And now it was mine and Arjun's  turn to go. Arjun has been more distant and now he doesn't even bother to attend the dinner with family. When Dad had asked him one morning what was with his skipping dinner and coming late or sometimes not even bothering to come home, Arjun had lashed out at dad and left home.

Everyone at home including the workers now knew at least ours wasn't a happy marriage even though they didn't know the full story. They all have that sympathetic smiles whenever they see me and maximum tried to avoid topics including my relationship or even Arjun.

Thankfully I had only come across Arjun, alone, once in our bedroom when he suggested about divorce. He wasn't even ready to give us a chance. I had to try my level best to avoid lashing out at him and told him I'll be thinking about it. But I couldn't just divorce him when I thought about my promise to Ma and Dad.

Tomorrow we will be leaving for our honeymoon and I didn't know what to feel.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

We had taken Arjun's private jet as Ma had told us. After a bunch of hours of him locked in the bedroom of the jet and me staring outside at the clouds and dozing off, we had landed at Paris about an hour ago and were in front of the hotel where we are supposed to stay. We walk to the check-in and not so surprisingly Ma had booked us a honeymoon suite and we were taken to there. A hotel staff carries our luggage and shows our room. It had a balcony, a hall with a sofa, coupleseat and a tv, a cabinet in the bedroom with a king sized bed and washroom.

As soon as the staff left, I open my trolley bag and pull out a pair of clothes and  get into the washroom not wanting to be near Arjun. After freshening up I return back to the bedroom and hear the tv from the hall. I start filling the cabinet with my clothes and accessories. I had to survive for two weeks here.

I usually wore Sarees and Salwars while back home and was never a fan of jeans or dresses. But I did have a couple of jeans and halter as well as crop tops along with a few dresses which I rarely wore. I had packed all those here so at least I wear them here.

Just as I was finishing with the last of the items Arjun's phone rings and he picks the call at the first ring as if he was waiting for the call. I couldn't make out what he was speaking since the tv volume had suddenly increased. I wait for some minutes straining my ears when suddenly Arjun appears at the door with a goofy grin but suddenly turns it into a scowl as soon as he sees me. I keep my face blank, like I usually did whenever he was near me even when I really wanted to rip his head off. 

Just when he was about to talk the door bell rings and he turns and leaves without a word. I go to see who was there only to see the bitch Renuka hugging him tightly.  But what breaks me inside was how Arjun hugged her as if his life depended on it. I feel my throat going dry and was about to turn when the bitch decides to pull off from the hug and address me.

"Hey! Priya.", she has a sickeningly sweet smile.

"It's Pooja.", my voice hard and face blank.

"I'm really sorry!", her expression is nothing but sorry. "I just wanted to surprise Arjun....", I turn and walk away not wanting to hear her sick banter.

Doesn't she know to leave him alone. For God's sake he is married. I understand that they were boyfriend-girlfriend. But why should she be here? And why am I blaming only her? I lay on the bed feeling like my head was about to burst. I could hear them talking but I try to block those voices. Just when I am pulling the comforter around me Arjun comes and picks up his bag and walks out, not even sparing me a glance.