Ch. 22 Esha

Pooja's P.O.V

Tears start brimming my eyes and I bite my lower lip, to stop myself from tearing up. I pull my hands out gently from Arjun's and stand up. I turn and slowly walks away from the house, towards the pine forest. I hug myself and rub my arms, suddenly feeling cold. After covering a few distance I stop and turn back.

Arjun was still on his knees, his shoulders slumped down in defeat. It was breaking my heart to see him like that. Even when I left, I wanted him to be happy. But with what he said, I was feeling more miserable than him. If only I was with him. And Kiran. What wrong did the child do? I could see myself in him.

I stood there waiting for Arjun to atleast turn and look at me. I could see him murmuring angrily to himself and angrily wiping away his tears. God! I couldn't stand seeing him like that. I'm going to get my man back and never let him feel like this. Ever again.

"ARJUN", I call out loudly catching not only his but everyone's attention. He turned and looked at me in confussion. I slowly stretch out my arms and I saw him smile with his tear filled eyes. He runs and hugs me, lifting me off my feet. I hug him tight and hides my head in the crook of his neck breathing him in.

After what felt like hours, we break apart and he cups both of my cheeks and starts peppering light kisses murmuring 'I love you' in between. He stops and blood flows up my face when our audience starts whistling and calling at us. He pulls me to his side in a hug and begins to walk towards the house, when I stopped him.

Can we have a walk, along here?, Arjun shrugs in response and we start walking along the edge of the pine forest, reminding me of the time we had a picnic when we were in the Island. When I was sure we were out of sight of others I stop and look at him.

"Arjun please listen to me patiently. I don't want you freaking out after hearing whatever I say but just listen to what I got to say fully.", I look at his face for confirmation and he nods.

"Esha.....", I close my eyes and take a deep breathe before continuing, "Esha isn't our daughter."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

**************************************

I know small chapter..... But enough to leave you waiting....

Happy reading......